What's wrong with me?

Options
caitlinbrianne0817
caitlinbrianne0817 Posts: 36 Member
edited April 2015 in Motivation and Support
I have lost all motivation to eat right. And I feel so guilty after I eat but I just haven't been able to make myself stick to my calorie goal. I've been eating like crap for a couple weeks now. I'll do good one day and the next I make up for it double. Anyone have any tips for getting back on track. Oh, and I've also fallen off the wagon on exercise :( I'm ashamed in myself.

Replies

• dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    When I feel myself slipping, I set workouts a side and I just focus on getting to my calorie goal. Re stock your fridge, prep meals if you feel that would help. I always find it much easier to stay on track when my fridge is full of choices.

I also look at the success thread or fitspo.

The rest is all in your head and mental strength to stay on track. Make it your TOP PRIORITY. Try a new workout, switch things up - maybe you are getting bored?
  • gonnasnap
    gonnasnap Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with you is that you're human. I do the same thing. It usually starts with missing a few workouts and then telling myself that if I'm not lifting than there's no use in eating right. I eventually see the light and get back under the bar. It's a vicious cycle
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I have always had this saying that I used over the past 3 years...

"If you keep trying, no matter what - you will succeed. If you give up, you will only get bigger and bigger." The amount of truth to this always forces me to keep trying no matter what.
  • LeoL87
    LeoL87 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    How bad do you want it? ask yourself that question when you are tempted to eat what you know isn't beneficial for you. if you are really serious about losing weight and getting in shape you will have the right answer to that question. Don't give up! keep going and reach your goals. if you have any questions or just need a push feel free to add me. :)
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if the poor food choices are related to falling off the exercise wagon - I find that to be the case for me. I have two suggestions:

1. Start working out again. Just... do it. I'm willing to bet that if you do, the eating part will start to sort itself out.
    2. Read the success stories forum.
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to do it too fast? Taking on too much? Is it taking too much thought? I fall off the wagon when I don't have a plan. If I run out of my snacks or favorite breakfast foods, then it's a free for all on whatever is available.
    If you've been too restrictive, maybe change your goals to losing at a slower rate, and have some calories for a planned treat/snack.
    I had some Doritos last night. I counted out 1.5 servings and ate them guilt free. Would the healthier option have been to have an orange or nothing at all? Sure, but I had the calories to spend and I really wanted some Doritos.
  • caitlinbrianne0817
    caitlinbrianne0817 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks yall! I'll try everyone's suggestions. And idk if I'm trying to fast, It's just harder to eat good when your the only person in your house who is trying to. My boyfriend will try for a couple days and then want a burger or something. I've just got to get back into the swing. And I can't find a good time to workout. I hate getting up earlier in the morning and I just don't feel like it after work. But I could be getting bored with the food. I don't have a lot of healthy recipes.
  • jessypug
    jessypug Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I've found that setting a calorie goal that is too low quickly leads me to be demotivated and fall off the wagon. Make sure you eat enough so you have energy and motivation to workout :)
  • LeoL87
    LeoL87 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Here is a Link to a lot of healthy recipes. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/healthy-recipe-database.html
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Thanks yall! I'll try everyone's suggestions. And idk if I'm trying to fast, It's just harder to eat good when your the only person in your house who is trying to. My boyfriend will try for a couple days and then want a burger or something. I've just got to get back into the swing. And I can't find a good time to workout. I hate getting up earlier in the morning and I just don't feel like it after work. But I could be getting bored with the food. I don't have a lot of healthy recipes.

You can eat a burger. Just make it fit into your calories (make them at home so you know exactly how much you are eating).

As for the working out, it is just something you have to make yourself do. One thing I tell myself is, "nobody can do it for you".

• OCBIGBIRD
    OCBIGBIRD Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Your not alone. I've barely started to do things right. You need to add some people around here to give you support and check your diary. I've been doing that with my friends and it's been working. I've always said slow progress is progress
  • rgerlits
    rgerlits Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Food is good until you know what it does to your body, at my age I got double trouble losing weight but indeed I've lost 10 ponds before finding this page and I'm in shock seeing the amounts of unnecessary sodium and fats hiding in food. Offer your strength to God or some one in need and you will see how fortunate you are in making personal healthy decisions :)
  • agreenid
    agreenid Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Absolutely nothing is wrong with you :)

Give yourself permission to fail. I know that sounds counter-intuitive but don't beat yourself up when/if you fall off the wagon or have hard days. Failing doesn't mean giving up, it just means a small set back. It is so so hard to do the healthy and right things when you're the only one in the house doing it. For things like burgers, maybe see if you can do it without the bun or lettuce wrap. If you're boyfriend is up for it, ask him to share an order of fries instead of getting your own--then you can still splurge but not be so far behind.

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    If you're feeling resentful or jealous of your bf the stress of that could be hurting you as well. See if you can find a way to accept his choices as completely separate from yours and stop letting them affect you.

You don't have to eat 'healthy' recipes to lose weight. You only have to count your calories. There are so many resources online to check out recipes that you are bound to find some that you like :)

Could you walk over lunch? No need for intensive workouts, just something to get you moving and also to help de-stress.
  • scotvalkyrie
    scotvalkyrie Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Nothing's wrong with you! We all slip up because we're human. It's how we deal with it that makes the difference. I've said this before on other threads, but I need to remind myself of this constantly:

"If you drop an egg on the floor, do you automatically throw the rest of the dozen on the floor too?"

Of course not! That's a waste of eggs! Which, by the way, are awesome sources of protein and the whole cholesterol thing has been totally debunked. 70 calories per egg with a little good cheese makes a fantastic low-cal high-protein dinner. But I digress ...

Just because you slip a little doesn't mean you have to throw in the towel. Just keep trying, just keep logging!
  • chelseaj33
    chelseaj33 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I live by myself so I find that motivation to eat right and exercise more can just disappear altogether. I bounce ideas off my coworkers who are following eating plans that work for them and am surprised to find they support me in eating better.
    One thing I started was signing up for a small gym that took me half an hour (by bus) to get to so in order to justify spending the money on a gym I started to make myself go. after a while i really enjoy going and it takes no time at all.

hope it helps!
  • CoolCatWV
    CoolCatWV Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Do you feel like you're lacking energy, or like you're not full? I recommend an avocado a day for a few days.