Are *you* really active on here??

Options
If you are, I *need* you on "my team"!!!

Right now... I lack real motivation. It's only been 10 days for me, 3 days on here. But I know if I don't keep wit it I will give up. I need to be pushed to do well. I need to know I am doing a good job. My dairy is open to friends. I need active people, helpful people to watch me. Criticize me when I need it, and let me know when I'm doing an OK job. I've been completely on my own for the first time in my entire life for the last two years. I thought I would do OK, but not used to having to cook my own meals (for 1) all the time...I gave up on that and did takeout almost every night for dinner. No brown bagging lunches either.

I am slowly learning that going to the grocery store every few days is a great way to kill time rather than sit on the couch and be miserable. Same with taking the time to prepare myself a meal takes up time that would otherwise be spent wallowing. Don't get me wrong, I'm not in a bad place... yet. But 2 years of this and maintaining a "heavy" weight.... if i can maintain 70 lbs more than i want, I should be able to lose them and maintain where I would much prefer to be.

This is where you come in. Slap me around will ya?
Thanks

Replies

• Ciler_80
    Ciler_80 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I sent u friend request. u can help me too :)
  • tri_bob
    tri_bob Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • gonnasnap
    gonnasnap Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Add me. I'm a full on addict on mfp
  • getfitformeee
    getfitformeee Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm on your team! :smiley:
  • Goal4Jex
    Goal4Jex Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ditto! I've been on mfp 3 times. I am hoping to stick to it this time. We can help motivate each other! Go team Nersteve!!! B)
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I've logged everything I have eaten for 32 straight days. And down 11 pounds since starting MFP. (16 since starting CICO) I don't log exercise here though. I do that on the fitbit dashboard.
  • cbills65
    cbills65 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Feel free to add me as a friend. I'll smack you around a lil bit!
  • vix4001
    vix4001 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'll help too! I'm in and out of here daily!
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    We 45-year old Northeasterners have to help each other out. Friend request sent.
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I'm on daily ..... 90 lbs lost to prove it. Add me I'll give you a kick in the _ _ _ when you need it!!! :wink:
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I log every day. Transitioned to maintenance for a while to increase my lifts. I try to be encouraging to everyone on my friends list.
  • loridarlin41506
    loridarlin41506 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request :) We can do this!
  • Carpe_diem1983
    Carpe_diem1983 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for more active users with open diaries to help each other out:)
    Feel free to add me:)
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Sending you a request too nersteve; my diary is open to any one on MFP - feel free to add me too.

I figure if I'm going to spend time here I'm all in, including opening up everything. If I'm going to set a goal, I'll do it in public. Already feeling the pressure of the dwindling day to get out for my run. See, it works!
  • nersteve
    nersteve Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all those that sent requests and to those that asked me to. I'm in the process right now. I really appreciate this.
  • Winterlover123
    Winterlover123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I'm on every day and am an active support for my friends! I will add you right now! and anyone else who is active, PLEASE feel free to add me! I really do need more friends as well!
  • slp51
    slp51 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I was a director of human resources for many, many years and SO many times wanted to smack people! NOW I HAVE MY CHANCE, (LOL!)

I'm sending you a friend request. Oh, and feel free to kick me in the butt, too.