Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Body Wraps

Does anyone have experience with body wraps? Do they work, are they worth it? Can it help with loose skin, I'm sure any 'weight loss' you have is just water weight but I have heard that it can tone & tighten skin as well.

Replies

• marissa4354
    marissa4354 Posts: 140
    bump
  • Redness82
    Redness82 Posts: 134 Member
    Bump, I'm interested in this too! There have been a few Groupons for these around my area.
  • SamiePuente
    SamiePuente Posts: 19
    bump
  • jsonnett02
    jsonnett02 Posts: 110
    I had one and it pretty much sweats everythign out of you. My skin felt tighter afterwards. I loved it...I would do more of them but they are spendy!! My SIL used to do them all the time and she loved it. Helped her too
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    I have a lot of loose skin. I would like to know also.
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    I bought a groupon for a formostar body wrap but i have yet to use it. I have heard they can help tightnen but you need repeat visits and they get pricey.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    I did a body wrap, it wasn't fantastic. I don't think the girl wrapped my stomach as tight as she should have because I didn't see a difference at all in that part. It did help tighten up the jiggles on my thighs but it was temporary, within a few days the jiggles were back. You can get the same effects for cheap if you buy compression shorts/leggings and a thermo tummy belt (ex: belly burner belt) then wear them to work out in. Anything that holds your jiggles tight would work as long as you are breaking a sweat while using it. This way you spend $40 on clothing that you can reuse to get the wrap effects.
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    The muds are supposedly good for the skin, but it won't really help the skin shrink or anything like that. The water weight loss will come from between the fat cells and you will be slightly smaller right after, but not much. It might work if you are needing to lose a quick inch to fit into a dress that night for a special occasion but as soon as you drink any water it will come right back.

As for the good benefits to the skin, you can get the same benefits from a good moisturizer or mud bath.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    I did the body wrap once while I was in college. It is strictly temporary results folks. The money that you spend for that could buy you running shoes, make-up, a new workout outfit, or four exercise DVD's from Walmart.
  • sjsturm
    sjsturm Posts: 1
    I also did one once in college, temporary results only -
    it took forever -- and was $$ I havent done it since - and that should say enough about that
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    I have had several. I have a friend that does them so I was her guinea pig for how tight to wrap. While it was fun and helped temporarily with tightening and mede my skin look and feel great it would have been very expensive if I had to pay for it. My advice?? Make friends with an esthetician that is willing to use you to tryout her new products.:smile:
  • ChrissyinATL
    ChrissyinATL Posts: 23 Member
    I had one a few years ago. I personally felt like it was a huge waste of money. Sure, my skin felt a little better - --- for a few days. And my wallet felt worse, $125 or so worse. :(
  • jody_226
    jody_226 Posts: 16 Member
    i had one and I highly DO NOT recommend it.