Lower calorie booze options?

Options
I'm planning a little get together with some friends, and we all like to have a drink or three when we get together. Can anyone recommend some lower calorie cocktails or beers that are still tasty?

We're big fans of beer, but don't have many non-commercial options available in our town. We can get what Walmart or Safeway offers. Our liquor stores have about the same variety unfortunately. We like Fat Tire and Blue Moon, though. We also LOVE gin and tonics.

Any suggestions would be very welcome!

Replies

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    vodka with a no cal mixer 64 calories/ounce. :p
    Any light liquor neat is pretty nice on the calories actually.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I actually like the Smirnoff light sorbet vodka flavors, and they pack a pretty good alcohol wallop if you're into that. I don't recommend the Parrot Bay Island Breeze rums -- they're very low-calorie, but you might as well be drinking apple juice. I also like a good old-fashioned vodka tonic or vodka with flavored sparkling water.
  • quintoespada
    quintoespada Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    oh man, i love blue moon. you're making me thirsty ahaha!
  • techreyes
    techreyes Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    getdrunknotfat.com
    For all your alcohol info needs :-)
  • FrozenTundra511
    FrozenTundra511 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I can usually fit an IPA into my daily calories (200-300 calories depending on brand/style for a 12oz) . However, if I know I'm going to have 2-3, I will generally hit the gym or take my pictured friend here for a nice walk before the get together.....
  • the_nerdgasm
    the_nerdgasm Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You can get diet tonic water. Since it's already something you like, I'd use that to make gin and tonics.

Is there a really noticeable taste difference between diet and regular tonic water?
  • the_nerdgasm
    Options
    oh man, i love blue moon. you're making me thirsty ahaha!

It's so good! I love me some beer, and Blue Moon is definitely one of the better options available around here.
  • the_nerdgasm
    Options
    I can usually fit an IPA into my daily calories (200-300 calories depending on brand/style for a 12oz) . However, if I know I'm going to have 2-3, I will generally hit the gym or take my pictured friend here for a nice walk before the get together.....

I definitely have a long walk with the dog planned earlier that day for sure! But it's nice to play it safe because I don't always stop drinking after the drinks I had planned lol!
  • FrozenTundra511
    FrozenTundra511 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up if you exceed your daily caloric intake. Just be extra pro-active in the following days. Enjoy your walk with the pup and your gathering with your pals. :-)
  • the_nerdgasm
    Options
    techreyes wrote: »
    getdrunknotfat.com
    For all your alcohol info needs :-)

You, good sir, are quite awesome!
  • techreyes
    techreyes Posts: 25 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Everclear and Fresca is my drink of choice. A little goes a loooooong way. Its the dieter's version of the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster: an alcoholic beverage invented by ex-President of the Universe Zaphod Beeblebrox, considered by the Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy to be the "Best Drink in Existence". Its effects are similar to having your brains smashed in by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick.
  • the_nerdgasm
    Options
    techreyes wrote: »
    Everclear and Fresca is my drink of choice. A little goes a loooooong way. Its the dieter's version of the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster: an alcoholic beverage invented by ex-President of the Universe Zaphod Beeblebrox, considered by the Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy to be the "Best Drink in Existence". Its effects are similar to having your brains smashed in by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick.

Haha! That sounds awesome! I'm going to have to try that at some point!
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Stoli or Titos on the rocks-a little dirty with a couple of olives!
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    You can get diet tonic water. Since it's already something you like, I'd use that to make gin and tonics.

Is there a really noticeable taste difference between diet and regular tonic water?

You get used to the difference pretty quick. May want to add some extra lime or lemon or whatever you like. It's like diet soda. Once you get used to it you can't tell the difference.
  • lecoman
    lecoman Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Diet tonic with lime and Bombay Sapphire gin.
  • the_nerdgasm
    Options
    slaite1 wrote: »

You get used to the difference pretty quick. May want to add some extra lime or lemon or whatever you like. It's like diet soda. Once you get used to it you can't tell the difference.

Awesome! I'll definitely be trying this out then!
  • mandykent111
    mandykent111 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I got bored with vodka soda all the time and a friend told me to try vodka mixed with crystal light lemonade! Delicious!