Lost 123 pounds in 8 months .. Before & after

Options
Hello there :)
I'm sick of being fat all my life .. I used to be in September 323 pounds .. I'm 6 feet tall so it was too much gravity that kept me in my sofa .. I didn't move unless I needed too ..
Today I'm 200 pounds and very very very exhausted .. I hate going to the gym :s
In fact I gotta go right now .. Awesome :#

Replies

• wmeyerbill455
    wmeyerbill455 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Outstanding! Doesn't feel good
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    yes go to that gym, that is awesome, great job! I hate counting calories but it sure works!
  • Barbieo2
    Barbieo2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We are just getting into the calorie counting, I find it is ok just takes time, we are walking alot and doing some excerises. Just keep going it will get better. LOL
  • ptkat28
    ptkat28 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    OMG! Congrats! How did you do it if you don't mind me asking? I have lost 20 lbs in the past 5 weeks and have about 90 more to go! One day at a time!! :smiley:
  • aewaters10
    aewaters10 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    8 Months! You are impressive :)
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Awesome job OP
  • KathyCushman1
    KathyCushman1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congratulations to all of you have done so great! Wow! mkinz0425 and ptkat28 I want to know how you both did it! I am inspired!
  • ptkat28
    ptkat28 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am basically eating low carbs and high proteins, no breads, no pasta, no potatoes, and no sugar! Oh and I started exercising last week too.
  • KathyCushman1
    KathyCushman1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You lost weight by not eating starches and more protein? Wow, I walk 5 miles a day and have not lost hardly anything and I count calories and I don't do good drinking fluids. :(
  • Jimsterintexas
    Jimsterintexas Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Wow! That took so much hard work and dedication. Way to go!
  • fanobaseball4life
    fanobaseball4life Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great job, keep it up.... I need to loose 30 and sometimes it feels like it's impossible, thanks for your posts....I'm new to this app and I'm trying to figure it out, but hopefully I can follow you and stay motivated, God bless
  • AngelFire404
    AngelFire404 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Amazing results! Way to go :)
  • mkinz0425
    mkinz0425 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you all .. It's not that easy .. I want to enlist so I lived n protein shakes and liquids most of these 8 months about 1000- 1200 in day .. I got personal trainer >> he was a big help .. I go to him Weekly to help improving and keep me going .. 20 pounds to go God help me :/
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    mkinz0425 wrote: »
    Thank you all .. It's not that easy .. I want to enlist so I lived n protein shakes and liquids most of these 8 months about 1000- 1200 in day .. I got personal trainer >> he was a big help .. I go to him Weekly to help improving and keep me going .. 20 pounds to go God help me :/
    I'm sick of being fat all my life .. I used to be in September 323 pounds .. I'm 6 feet tall so it was too much gravity that kept me in my sofa .. I didn't move unless I needed too ..

Whoa...you only ate 1000-1200 cals? That's sorta scary, no really scary... how will going into maintenance work for you? I mean it will be a big jump in cals...

ah...just re-reading your post... you lived on liquids only to diet? I'm curious if this was doctor supervised? It would seem extremely low for anyone to keep their health up with taking in only liquids for that long. How are you dealing with the loose skin and what about when you need to eat solids again when you enlist?

When ppl lose fast I'm always curious why they feel the need... I mean of course we ALL want to drop the weight but I want to keep mine off and remain healthy. In fact that's why I want to continue dropping weight...to get healthier!

So you did this to enlist? Have you wondered how it'll be when you eat solids again and workout hard at boot camp. PLEASE be careful Hon! I've seen this happen on here too many times to count... ppl want extreme results FAST to reach a deadline and then end up very sick or the weight goes right back on in a matter of months.

I feel so sad for you, for your body, it's working so hard and has no energy and no fuel to keep this up. You've shared you hate going to the gym and how very very exhausted you are... do you understand it's because you're pushing your body so hard it's running on no fuel. I'm guessing you're not eating any cals back after workouts? So the total of what you burn minus 1000/1200 cals = a HUGE deficit which is why you've dropped so many lbs in such a short time. But how much of it is muscle? :/

I decided to post when I saw so many new ppl cheering about how great this is to do it so fast. It's not great for anyone to take such a huge risk... I just would hate newbies to get the wrong idea ...that MFP supports this ...because it doesn't.

Please understand my comments are out of concern.
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options

Whoa...you only ate 1000-1200 cals? That's sorta scary, no really scary... how will going into maintenance work for you? I mean it will be a big jump in cals...

ah...just re-reading your post... you lived on liquids only to diet? I'm curious if this was doctor supervised? It would seem extremely low for anyone to keep their health up with taking in only liquids for that long. How are you dealing with the loose skin and what about when you need to eat solids again when you enlist?

When ppl lose fast I'm always curious why they feel the need... I mean of course we ALL want to drop the weight but I want to keep mine off and remain healthy. In fact that's why I want to continue dropping weight...to get healthier!

So you did this to enlist? Have you wondered how it'll be when you eat solids again and workout hard at boot camp. PLEASE be careful Hon! I've seen this happen on here too many times to count... ppl want extreme results FAST to reach a deadline and then end up very sick or the weight goes right back on in a matter of months.

I feel so sad for you, for your body, it's working so hard and has no energy and no fuel to keep this up. You've shared you hate going to the gym and how very very exhausted you are... do you understand it's because you're pushing your body so hard it's running on no fuel. I'm guessing you're not eating any cals back after workouts? So the total of what you burn minus 1000/1200 cals = a HUGE deficit which is why you've dropped so many lbs in such a short time. But how much of it is muscle? :/

I decided to post when I saw so many new ppl cheering about how great this is to do it so fast. It's not great for anyone to take such a huge risk... I just would hate newbies to get the wrong idea ...that MFP supports this ...because it doesn't.

Please understand my comments are out of concern.

"I feel so sad for you" sounds more like a let down, than a concern. She could be tired from a lack of sleep or a busy life. We don't know all the details, and can't make assumptions. I would suggest eating more solid foods than liquid, as they may provide more energy rich nutrients, such as carbohydrates and/or protein.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Your TDEE is 2512 calories per day and your BMR - what you should be eating just to stay alive - is 1827 calories per day!

You are exhausted because you are not consuming enough calories. This is going to backfire and you are going to end up ill. Are you losing hair? How is your skin looking? Please, please, please rethink your strategy!!!

You can eat 2010 calories per day (TDEE - 20%) and still lose two pounds a week.

TDEE means Total Daily Energy Expenditure. When I worked the TDEE calculator for you, I put in that you work out three times a week, which you probably actually do more. Which means with more exercise, your TDEE would go up more, which means you need more calories to function.

Please educate yourself on how to do this in a healthy way. <3 You are damaging your body and setting yourself up to yo-yo diet for the rest of your life. Once you start eating real food again, you are going to gain again.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Your TDEE is 2512 calories per day and your BMR - what you should be eating just to stay alive - is 1827 calories per day!

You are exhausted because you are not consuming enough calories. This is going to backfire and you are going to end up ill. Are you losing hair? How is your skin looking? Please, please, please rethink your strategy!!!

You can eat 2010 calories per day (TDEE - 20%) and still lose two pounds a week.

TDEE means Total Daily Energy Expenditure. When I worked the TDEE calculator for you, I put in that you work out three times a week, which you probably actually do more. Which means with more exercise, your TDEE would go up more, which means you need more calories to function.

Please educate yourself on how to do this in a healthy way. <3 You are damaging your body and setting yourself up to yo-yo diet for the rest of your life. Once you start eating real food again, you are going to gain again.

Exactly this^ Listen to those of us who know. I have lost a significant amount of weight, but did it in a healthy sustainable way. You cannot expect your body to accept starvation and not rebel at some point. You are going to end up in a hospital or worse.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You basically did the equivalent of a gastric bypass without the surgery!

Now comes the point where you figure out how to make your current weight a lifestyle. :) Why don't you up your calories by 100 cal per day each week and shift one meal a month to "regular" food, so you learn how to track it and to eat normally but within limits?

Great job again, and you look fabulous!
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You basically did the equivalent of a gastric bypass without the surgery!

Now comes the point where you figure out how to make your current weight a lifestyle. :) Why don't you up your calories by 100 cal per day each week and shift one meal a month to "regular" food, so you learn how to track it and to eat normally but within limits?

Great job again, and you look fabulous!

Agreed. You've been losing 3 lbs a week. It may be time to transition to a normal, sustainable plan. Yes, your weight loss is going to slow down from this, but it's probably going to slow down soon, no matter what you do, as you've already lost a lot.

This will give your body a chance to catch up, which should give you a little more energy, and enable you to adjust to eating normal foods again.