Ready to do it right this time

Options
Hi, I just joined today and I'm scared of failing yet another diet. I've tried just about every plan available with no luck and feel like I'm destined to stay overweight . I have no support system at home so you will have to be there for me. I've been on and off diets most of my adult life (I'm 49 now), but age has definitely made it more difficult in losing the extra 40 lbs I'm carrying around. I'm always looking for a quick fix, but I realize now that I have to look at this as a "lifestyle change". Wish me luck..... I'm gonna need it!

Replies

• pursequeen14
    Options
    Hey there. I just joined yesterday. I will help you to stay motivated and focused. :) Add me as a friend. Pursequeen14 is my screenname. Im not sure how to do that just yet.
  • awynnjohnson
    Options
    You are in the right place. You are now apart of a good team of supporting friends. You will do well .
  • lulu1962
    lulu1962 Posts: 210
    Options
    Welcome! You won't fail this weight loss plan! Just keep logging your foods/exercise and chat with members. There are so many great tips & ideas here! You can add me as a friend if you'd like! Always looking for women about the same age as me with the same goals!:flowerforyou:
  • MsLaurie65
    MsLaurie65 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi, I know how you feel about the lifestyle change! I made mine 2wks ago, I've started eating right, drinking more water, exercising, and not stressing stuff! I am known for not sticking with my projects but this involves my life, so it's a must do. I want to get back to a healthy weight of 170 but I'm pushing for 180, right now I have a long way to go, but I am enjoying the journey on the way. It wasn't easy adding almost 50lbs, and it won't be easy for me to take those 50 off! But I want to encourage you to just watch what you eat, do some type of movement every day, drink plenty of water every chance you get, stay encourage and stay with MFP- the people here loves to encourage you to stick with a goal, they give great advice, and somebody is always here to help when it gets a little rough. Do what works for you but do it for you and for your health. Welcome and if you desire to be friends with me, add me I don't mind. Enjoy the weight-loss journey and have a great time!
  • tracyroso
    tracyroso Posts: 9
    Options
    I just joined yesterday too and love it here already. We are here to support each other. Take it one day, one hour, one minute at a time. Journal and log your food intake and keep checking into this site. We can friend each other and be thers to help one another out. You can do it. We can do it. I an 47 and I too have battled my weight forever and I have had enough. I'm glad that I found MFP.