Professional dieter.... trying to make a lifestyle change in

Options
Hello Everyone, I am some what new to MFP I created this login a while ago on one of my "diet starting Monday's". Just recently have I started using it more faithfully and now I am committed to making some great changes in my life for a better life. There are sooooo many things that I have wanted to do but have never had the courage to do because of my weight. I wont even walk thru the misses or juniors departments in clothing stores:blushing: because I know that I am not there (yet) and I dont want others to look at me browsing and say to themselves "What the heck is she doing over there".:cry: I mean yeah I do have a "skinny girl" inside of me that I want to let out too..........and shes tired of being covered by extra baggy clothes and dark colors.

I am now bound and determined to have a healthier lifestyle and make the necessary changes to live a better more fufilled life. :happy:

Replies

• jocelynlewis
    Options
    Congrats! I am very happy for you on your new commitment on changing for a better you, and a healthier life style! Welcome aboard!
  • TessaL221
    TessaL221 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Good for you! If I can do it, anyone can. I started my own journey at 270 lbs in a size 22W/24W in June 2009 after looking at myself in my college graduation pics. I am now 186.5 lbs (just this morning), and am still working on the last 40-50lbs. I am currently a size 14/16 in (Yes) misses! I will say, even doing the right thing, sometimes the road is hard and it seems you will never get there. I still feel that way quite often. Just keep at it and talk to all of us if you start to feel discouraged! This site has been a Godsend. Good luck, and you can do this!
  • LaLaLovely76
    LaLaLovely76 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I'm a newbie Here!
    Mom of Three, Currently going to Culinary School (Yeah!! The reason for the added weight gain!!) LOL. I went to the doctor's office about 2 months ago and realized I had gained an additional 6 pounds on top of my already heavy frame of 236 lbs (I'm 5'2"). I was in sizes 18/20.

I hit a fork in the road at this point. Continue doing what I'm doing and get bigger or do something about it. Well, My Nutrition teacher intervened without even knowing it. We have to do a book report in class and I had no clue what I wanted to read and report on. Well she found a book for me, for selfish reasons, she wanted to know about it because she wouldn't have the time to read it and my book report would be perfect! The book is "By Any Greens Necessary: A Revolutionary Guide for Black Women Who Want to Eat Great, Get Healthy, Lose Weight, and Look Phat " by Tracye Lynn McQuirter. And as cliche as it sounds, I can say that this book has CHANGED MY LIFE...I knew about foods and the health risks, but I didn't really know the severeness of the processing of meat and the treatment of animals. Long story short, I decided right then and there (it took me two days to read the book it was that good!! LOL) I would be vegetarian, eventually vegan. I've been going a month strong, along w/a regular exercise regimen and I know I've lost weight but do not want to get on the scale because If i haven't lost at least 6 pounds I would be discouraged. But I my 18s and 20s are really lose, I even have a sized 16 pair of jeans (same jeans as the 18, i bought two sizes) and they are lose as well! And most of my tops are really loose as well! So I know I'm on the right track!!!