For those that which the scale wont budge

Options
Ok so i've been eating the right amount of calories and exercising and lifting religiously for weeks and the scale hasnt budged. Was really discouraged until something happened. Was getting dressed today and grabbed a pair of jeans and threw them on. Caught a glimpse of myself in mirror. Thought wow these jeans look great why dont i wear them more often? Then 'gasp' are these the jeans that i could barely get past my thighs a few months ago? Sure enough, they were. So i looked at myself and realized im smaller, stronger, tighter at the same weight....then threw out my scale. I will not let the number on the scale dictate my mood and will continue to keep pushing...for all those out there in the same boat...its all about the nsv,,, keep going..you can do it!!!!

Replies

• slbuchanan361
    slbuchanan361 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Absolutely loved this and I needed to hear it!! What a great story! Congrats!!!
  • only1bones
    only1bones Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'll have to remember this when my scale won't go down. Right now I need it to jump start me.
  • SNHUalumna
    SNHUalumna Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This was just the post I needed at just the right time. Thank you. I was seriously about to lose my mind today because I have been eating the right amount of calories and keeping my macros in line. I've also exercised religiously and haven't seen a bit of weight gone in over two weeks.

I got so demotivated that I almost went out for ice cream. Thankfully, I got it together and ran on the treadmill instead so that was a good thing, but I am still so frustrated because I haven't seen any progress.

I read something from an author name Lyle McDonald on what he called "whooshes" where apparently fat loss can cause temporary water retention resulting in the scale not budging but clothing fitting better. The one day, it "whooshes" out during urination so you see a more noticeable result on the scale. It is an interesting theory. I am not sure how legit it is but it got me to hold on hope for a little longer. You can read more about it here:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html/

Like I said, I am not sure how legit it is but at this point, I am looking for any reason to keep going. It's so easy to just give up and run to the sweet embrace of my boyfriends, Ben & Jerry!

Thanks again for the motivation and congrats on your weight loss!
  • quintoespada
    quintoespada Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    keep in mind you could also be backed up/constipated. i've definitely had days like that!