What is a strong blender (food processor) brand?

Childfree1991
Childfree1991 Posts: 145 Member
My current blender (which was actually a "starting college" gift from my mother) has nearly hit the dust. The only thing it blends now is canned vegetables/fruits. It has become very weak and slow. I plan of buying a new blender soon for my smoothies and homemade soups/sauces. Are there any specific brands of food processors that are very fast and powerful? I have lots of frozen fruits I would like to blend soon. If the processor can chop ice, that would be a plus. Also, the smaller the better. I'm not a big fan of giant blenders.

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    I love my nutribullet.
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    I have a vitamix.
  • Valrotha
    Valrotha Posts: 294 Member
    Using a Ninja, myself. Beats the old Oster I had but it's pricey.
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Vitamix is the gold standard, as I understand it, but they’re majorly expensive (around $700+ here in Canada). I have a Ninja one and I’m really happy with it. Their new one is very similar in construction to the Vitamix and $250. I have a cheaper model (around $150) and am very happy with it. It comes with a big blending jar and two small to-go blending containers. I guess it depends how much you want to spend! :smile: You can check out some online video reviews to see how they work before you buy. My Ninja Pro destroys ice, it’s awesome.
  • sandicat6
    sandicat6 Posts: 61 Member
    love my ninja
  • GinaNCarter
    GinaNCarter Posts: 1 Member
    I have a Ninja. Got it for Christmas. Mine has a blender, two smoothie cups and a food processor (with blade and dough paddle). The base is sizable, but it works so well I don't mind.
  • mechman02
    mechman02 Posts: 5 Member
    Oster Versa. Combination between Vitamix and Blendtec, but cheaper. Truly awesome!