What to do with Ground Turkey!

Options
13»

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    i treat it like ground beef. just be careful, its drier than beef. for that reason, i perfer to mix it with ground beef or pork. mixing the 3 together creates a great taste for meatballs, meatloaf, even hamburgers.

I mix 50% veggies into my burgers, meatloaf, meatballs, nuggets, etc for the nutrition, calorie saving, and to add moisture.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I throw it out and go buy some ground beef...
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Tacooooos
  • pcrucifer
    pcrucifer Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Turkey meatloaf with a ton of basil. It is unbelievable. Or turkey burgers. Turkey curry. Anything you can make with ground cow you can make with turkey.
  • only1bones
    only1bones Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I found a recipe that is quick and easy from Chris Powell's carb cycling book. I spice the turkey up with Mrs. Dash southwestern spice. Cook the turkey then divide it up into 3-4 oz portions. Add 1/4 c frozen corn, 1/4 c black beans, 1/4 c diced green/red peppers and then add 3-4 tbs salsa. I freeze these and then just pop it in the microwave for two minutes. It's a great prep ahead meal.
  • katielove1624
    katielove1624 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    SOOOO Many amazing ideas! Thank you everyone for helping me out :smile:
  • jawa929
    jawa929 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used turkey as a replacement for ground beef often in many of the same recipes already given. Remember to check your turkey just like you check your ground beef for fat content. Not all ground turkey is lean. Some turkey can be more "fatty" than ground beef. I've found Costco carries a frozen 5 package of lean ground beef logs at a reasonable price which is convenient for me.