I NEED TO LOSE 23LBS IN A MONTH

Options
abeyta1
abeyta1 Posts: 4 Member
edited April 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hey guys im new to mfp.... Im here because I need to loose 23lbs by the end of may so that I can have my gastric bypass surgery and i really need help getting to my goal weight. I know alot of people dont agree with weight loss surgery but im not looking for judgment only encouragement! I have a bmi of 78 so I would greatly benefit from it. Please help with any secrets... im currently on a 1200 calorie diet (trying to at least) :(

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Has your surgeon prescribed a diet for you to lose the weight? Prescribed meal replacement shakes perhaps? At your weight and low calories you should be able to lose the 23lb...but your biggest hurdle will likely be hunger and the food demons that got you to the weight you are at now.

You need to develop things to do, keep your hands and mind busy. Have a good support network around you. Keep your end goal in mind...be the right weight for your surgery! Be committed...if you want the surgery for 30 days you are going to have to give your all..even when you feel like throwing it all in.

If you are not using shakes, make sure you get plenty of protein, some good fats, and fill up on non-starch veges.

Good luck!
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    If you are after some inspiration...watch the episodes from series 1 'Fat Doctor' onwards, its a UK show...It shows weight loss surgery for the super extreme (this is how they are described on the show) obese and the results usually about 6 months on. I like this show, yes it is 'voyeurism entertainment'..but the producers and Dr Shaw Somers treat the people with genuine respect. It not all success, but it is eye opening and hopefully there will be some inspiration for you.
  • abeyta1
    Options
    @tiptoethruthetulips thank you i appreciate your response the surgeon and nutritionist do have me on a 1200 calorie diet they gave me a template for meals but your right its mainly a mental issue I've nevwr craved bad foods as much as i do know that im teally trying to change... i am determined to go hard this next month =)
  • MsPican
    MsPican Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I do want you to get the surgery but I don't want you to do anything drastic just to get under the knife. I'm going to see if I can find an appetite suppressant. Eat something heavy mid day so your not so hungry at night
  • perfectpounds
    perfectpounds Posts: 5 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Walk walk walk find reasons to walk
  • abeyta1
    Options
    @MsPican thank you I've been looking for a good appetite suppressant but havnt found any
  • abeyta1
    Options
    @perfectpounds yes ive been walking everywhere
  • MsPican
    MsPican Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    How is your weight loss going