Late evening snacks

Options
Hey, does anyone have any ideas for after dinner snacks. I try my best not to snack, but sometimes you just want a little something but you don't want to ruin the great day you had. Any suggestions?

Replies

• LilChickPea
    LilChickPea Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hot air popcorn or 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with some fruit
  • bella_baby
    bella_baby Posts: 22
    Options
    Dove chocolate makes these great frozen ice cream treats that are only 60 calories. They're small and give you just enough so that your sweet tooth will be happy.
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Strawberries are in season here, so I have a few (ok six or seven) with 4 tablespoons light cool whip and a tablespoon of Hershey's syrup. It's totally decadent and somehow low in calories. I don't know how, but I'll take it!

I also like to combine a half serving of dark chocolate roasted almonds and half a serving of dried cranberries as a snack, but you have to be super careful with portions.
  • chardawg80
    chardawg80 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey, does anyone have any ideas for after dinner snacks. I try my best not to snack, but sometimes you just want a little something but you don't want to ruin the great day you had. Any suggestions?

I prefer cereal myself....low fat...light meal that is easy on your stomach..

If you follow the serving size a typical bowl of cereal
    1 cup cereal/1 cup milk...will run you about 230 calories...We use 1% milk in our house....give or take calories if you use 2% or skim
  • lesliefoste
    lesliefoste Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I like to blend up a banana. Plain or add cinnamon or cocoa powder or mix in other fruit. Yummy, filling, low-cal. You could also go the fresh veggie route, but I don't like veggies that much. :)
  • Jess22542
    Jess22542 Posts: 66
    Options
    Try "Luigi's Real Italian Ice" in lemon or strawberry. I think they offer a cherry flavor too. I buy it at WalMart. It's just like a lemon chill, but only 100 calories (60 calories for the no sugar added version). It takes awhile to eat too so I'm less likely to want something else after. Delicious and takes care of my sweet tooth.

http://www.luigis.com/home1.aspx
  • kcalli0429
    kcalli0429 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I like sugar free pudding or jello, makes me feel like I am having dessert.
  • leshagen
    leshagen Posts: 36
    Options
    Everyone, thanks so much for the great sugguestions. They all sound great and I will try them all, lol
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I love Stonyfield low fat yogurt with walnuts or raisins, strawberries/raspberries/kiwi and a tablespoon of cereal for crunch.
  • ivionned
    ivionned Posts: 1
    Options
    Wasa craker with laughing cow cheese and tomato or cucumber