I need help with eating a more clean plant based diet

Options
I would like to start eating a more plant based clean diet but struggle with doing it on my own. I am open to ideas and advice especially with figuring out how much protein to consume and protein choices.

Thank you all!

Replies

• techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Can you define "clean eating"? People tend to have different definitions of this.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Are you doing this for health, weight loss, or ethical reasons? And what do you define as "clean?" I ask because it will help people give you feedback.

Oh bugger, I was too slow. lol
  • cvnickles
    cvnickles Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Clean as in organic, no processed food and mostly plant based foods.
  • cvnickles
    cvnickles Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Are you doing this for health, weight loss, or ethical reasons? And what do you define as "clean?" I ask because it will help people give you feedback.

For health reasons.

• brogares
    brogares Posts: 5 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Try visiting your local farmers market. They offer a variety of fresh, organic veggies. Yummly is a great free app with tons of plant based (vegan) recipes. If you use apps like Instagram, I like to search the hashtag #vegan or #plantbased.
  • brogares
    brogares Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Visit veganstreet.com lots of pictographs about vegan diet, proper protein intake etc
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    eat those long sweet red peppers. So so good. Much nicer than chocolate or sweets or anything. And about 35 calories for the whole thing. They have seriously transformed my life!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Buy a crock pot for chick peas and lentils and such.
    Other good sources of protein: Edamame, hemp seeds, almonds, chia seeds, green peas, pumpkin seeds, tofu, peanut butter, watercress, kale, spinach, broccoli, other leafy greens.
    Check out this group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/45-happy-herbivores
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    http://www.onegreenplanet.org/natural-health/whole-foods-plant-based-fifty-dollars-a-week/ And check out Forks Over Knives, Oh She Glows, and Fat Free Vegan blogs/websites. There is loads of info online if you just google "vegan recipes". For nutrition, The Vegetarian Resource Group has solid info. Look at their website.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Oh boy
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    You know that a plant-based diet is not intrinsically healthy, right? You can gain weight on a plant-based diet just as easily as on one that includes meat.