Bariatric Surgery

I am looking to add friends on here, and Fitbit, that have had any sort of Weight Loss Surgery. I had Gastric Bypass on 10/1/2014...

Replies

• Misslissy03
    Misslissy03 Posts: 5 Member
    I had gastric bypass May 2012. My weight right before surgery was 366 lbs. I am 5'9 and 32 years old. I am currently 239 lbs. I have been controlling the weight mostly by tracking calories. I am very unmotivated to exercise. I am at a stand still though and just seem to stay the same weight the last year. I just had my gallbladder removed and had emergency surgery for bleeding ulcers. The ulcers were at the bypass site. I have been on a soft diet for 2 weeks but not really losing. How has your experience been?
  • JoyfulMadness
    JoyfulMadness Posts: 3 Member
    My starting weight was 315. I an currently at 235(.2) Still have my gal bladder, but is early yet. So far no other major issues. (Knock on wood) I started my fitness pal because my surgeon scolded me for not consuming enough calories. So now I have to keep a food log and report back to him in the middle of next month.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Hi! There's a group here too. I had my bypass this past June and I am down ninety pounds total. I'm running and loving it. I have been very fortunate and I have very few food intolerances.