Fitbit Charge Opinions

Options
I'm looking into getting one, and I like it because it displays the steps and time unlike the Flex. If you have one how do you like it? How is the sizing accuracy?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Hey woman! Sorry, I've got a Jawbone :cookie:
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Mmm a cookie. Nomnomnom!

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I have a Zip. I only came in for cookies.
  • PrizePopple
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    I have a Zip. I only came in for cookies.

Lis is teasing me. She owes me cookies now. :grumble:
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I have one and I really like it. I used the little paper template you can download on the FitBit site to do sizing and it worked for me.
  • PrizePopple
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I have one and I really like it. I used the little paper template you can download on the FitBit site to do sizing and it worked for me.

Thanks! I printed out the paper and the small on the Charge should work just fine for me. :)
  • PalmChris
    PalmChris Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Where are the cookies??
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    hvtlcbxor1kv.jpg

I want the cookie toooooo
    share, i have room in my calorie allowance....honest
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I love mine. I seem to get at least a week on a charge.
  • lgevans3
    lgevans3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit Charge HR. I've had it a few days now and to be honest with you accuracy is NOT something to expect from it.

I had to travel a lot yesterday in the car and spent about 8 hours driving. During which time the Charge HR informed me I'd done about 6000 steps. Most days it over counts by a huge margin.

The sleep monitor is again questionable and reports also that I average 600 steps whilst asleep (I have confirmed with my partner and I don't sleep walk).

The HR monitor is fairly accurate but not to be depended on if you have to monitor your heart rate because of a health condition that requires absolute accuracy.

In short I would not recommend and personally regret spending £120 on something that makes me feel I've walked so much further than I know I have.
  • runmama411
    runmama411 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR and love it. I've had mine for a little over two months and have found that it has increased my steps from 3,000 at my start to an avg of 11-15,000 now. I dig the competition of beating yesterday's step count! I've decreased my resting heart rate, too!

I do not have the accuracy issues with driving or overestimating. If anything, it gives me less steps/calorie burn than my GPS items. This is really for step counts only. You'll still need a GPS app for mileage if that's a concern. I would recommend the HR over the Charge, for a few extra bucks, you get way more.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR too ànd find it reasonably accurate. I think you need to get your settings right on it. I have had mine since February and have looked at how much weight I should have lost by what my fitbit tells me and it seems about right.

I would also get the HR. This morning I noticed that the effort I used doing my normal cardio was not as good as usual. The ordinary fitbit would have given the same calorie count because it just measures the steps taken where the HRM obviously measures the heart rate. As my heart rate wasn't as high as normal, I got a lower calorie burn.