Newbie, ready for a change.

Options
I've tried, and tried again to lose weight. Now I have to take it seriously. Being 20 years old and not happy with myself has made me want to lose weight, but overall just be healthy. Having had 3 knee surgeries puts extra stress on my joints because of my weight (especially my knees), but what probably scared me the most was the possibility of diabetes if I don't correct my lifestyle, and hypertension. It just helps having someone there that is going through something similar. My goal is to get in the correct BMI class. Support is always needed, and it works both ways.

Replies

• Angelface28
    Angelface28 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I hope your journey is going well. Always remember that you are an amazing person no matter what you weigh. Your absolutely right to just focus on your health. That's what important. :)
  • kchezelle
    kchezelle Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Keep it up girl! Glad to hear that you're making a change. You're definitely headed in the right direction. You have nothing to lose by working towards a healthier lifestyle but you have everything to gain by making that step forward. Let me know if you need any help! A know a lot of experts in the health industry :)
  • thatguynick
    thatguynick Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like. I deal with knee issues myself!
  • FabiLous5
    FabiLous5 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 30 plus
    .. so hard. Starting soon with my journey!! Good luck with yours. You are still young!! The older the harder i find it to lose.
  • kchezelle
    kchezelle Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    FabiLous5 wrote: »
    I need to lose 30 plus
    .. so hard. Starting soon with my journey!! Good luck with yours. You are still young!! The older the harder i find it to lose.

Keep it up! No ones ever too old, you just need the right tools & guidance