Probably a stupid question

Options
2»

Replies

• ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is absolutely ok. We're all doing this so that we can live happy, healthy lives. You're not going to be very happy if you're always depriving yourself of the foods you want/enjoy. Someone else here told me to think about it this way: if you want to have a cookie, have a cookie. But you don't need to eat the whole box. Just remember that there will always be more cookies, chips, chocolate, etc. tomorrow and next week and next year. The world is not going to run out, so you don't have to eat it all right now. Everything in moderation. :smile:
  • lealea25
    lealea25 Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks guys that's made me feel a lot better about it :)

I'm usually quite good at eating whatever I want within my calories but when it comes to the treats I feel a bit naughty indulging. But i'll enjoy the chocolate guilt free now

:)
  • kayleeblue
    kayleeblue Posts: 273
    Options
    I have something sweet everyday..Some days more then others. But if I don't get my chocolate..there will be a funeral..cause someone is going to die...So yes indulge wisely.
  • tawojcik
    tawojcik Posts: 67
    Options
    My nutritionist also told me that it doesn't mater what time of day you eat. In other words, eating at bedtime is no worse than eating at 3pm. Calories are calories regardless of the time of day.....so, enjoy that bedtime snack!
  • shonasteele
    shonasteele Posts: 473
    Options
    Oh, ya gotta live baby! I say go for it and if you can spare the calories there is NO GUILT ALLOWED - you've earned it by making better choices and exercising!

I do recommend dark chocolate as I find I eat it a lot slower and savour it more whereas I can scarf down a milk chocolate bar and hardly even know I've done it. Fibre One bars with dark chocolate are REALLY GOOD and you get some bonus fibre!
  • lealea25
    Options
    well I've just finished my zumba and burnt 300cals so I've got 556cals left to play with so i wont feel any guilt what so ever! :)
  • lealea25
    Options
    My nutritionist also told me that it doesn't mater what time of day you eat. In other words, eating at bedtime is no worse than eating at 3pm. Calories are calories regardless of the time of day.....so, enjoy that bedtime snack!

that's good to know, I've always worried about that.
    thanks
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. And it would probably be good for you to do this sometimes. Maybe not everyday. But allowing yourself a treat now and then, staying within your goals, will help you stick with this long term. Enjoy!