5ft 1 allowed barely any calories.

Options
If I want to be a good weight for my height I'm only allowed 1200 calories. How can I work with that? Right now I'm 1600.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    You could exercise more to enable you to eat more?

Are you gaining or maintaining on 1600?
  • KayleighIsGoingFatToFit
    KayleighIsGoingFatToFit Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft, on 1260 calories and I do fine :smile: my dairy is open if you fancy a nosey :smile:
  • MsZombieApocalypse
    MsZombieApocalypse Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    at 1600 I'm usually around 8st. gained weight though cause of my lucozade addiction so I'm cutting out fizzy drinks

and thank you will do
  • shinykarissaa
    shinykarissaa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    5'3" here and also only allowed 1200 per day. I typically eat a small breakfast and lunch and finish the day with a bigger dinner. For example: 90 calorie special k bar for breakfast. Small salad with a turkey burger patty (no bun or bread) for lunch. More turkey for dinner... I like turkey. Or I'll just get a sandwich from a fast food place.
    I also work out to eat. It really helps when you're able to add in those extra calories you burn to eat :)

Good luck!
  • MsZombieApocalypse
    Options
    I think my issue is breakfast, its coming out at big as dinners. not sure if the grams Is wrong or something. thinking I should reduce the amount of cereal I pour
  • KayleighIsGoingFatToFit
    KayleighIsGoingFatToFit Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I am confused why everyone is saying they are only allowed to eat 1200 calories.
    I have over 100lbs to lose so I have my weight loss setting to 2lbs a week.
    If you only have 1 stone etc. to lose it might be worth changing your setting to lose 0.5lb or 1lb a week you will have a higher amount of calories to eat daily :smile:
  • MsZombieApocalypse
    Options
    I always have a big bowl of cereal at breakfast but its saying like 400 calories which is mad
  • terricherry2
    terricherry2 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Robbo_79 wrote: »
    breakfast is the most important meal of the day, it kick starts your metabolism, and helps you burn fat during the day.
    A small insignificant breakfast, or skipping breakfast can actually make you gain more weight.

Noooooo ignore this person. I think he's getting his diet advice from the 1970s.
  • shinykarissaa
    Options
    I've lost 32lbs so far, just losing my last 14 and I've never eaten a big breakfast.
    Cereal can be very high in calories. Especially sugary cereals. That's why I tend to avoid cereal and just get a cereal bar instead. Easier to track the calories too!
  • MsZombieApocalypse
    Options
    I do think breakfast is my fave meal of the day though :3 I can't do anything without my cereal.

I've reduced it to 0.5 so now allowed 1300. This helps alot thanks.
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    breakfast is the most important meal of the day, it kick starts your metabolism, and helps you burn fat during the day.
    A small insignificant breakfast, or skipping breakfast can actually make you gain more weight.

Noooooo ignore this person. I think he's getting his diet advice from the 1970s.

Agreed, total bro-science. When you have your meals is irrelevant and has no effect on how much fat you burn, calories in vs. calories out dictates that. But, breakfast can be important in preventing you from going hungry and overeating later on in the day. A 90 calorie breakfast seems like self-punishment.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    I do think breakfast is my fave meal of the day though :3 I can't do anything without my cereal.

I've reduced it to 0.5 so now allowed 1300. This helps alot thanks.

"Brinner" is awesome
  • MsZombieApocalypse
    Options
    I'm gonna switch back to bran flakes from krave i think
    oh sweet krave how I'll miss you
  • shinykarissaa
    Options

Agreed, total bro-science. When you have your meals is irrelevant and has no effect on how much fat you burn, calories in vs. calories out dictates that. But, breakfast can be important in preventing you from going hungry and overeating later on in the day. A 90 calorie breakfast seems like self-punishment.

It's yet to bother me. I've never been much of a breakfast eater, so that's probably why it's easier for me to eat a very tiny breakfast.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    shows how clueless you all are then.
    Breakfast is the most important meal as when you sleep thats what the muscle rebuilding process/fat loss process are at their most optimal, everything happens when you sleep...
    When you wake up your body needs nutrition and substance, a decent breakfast starts the metabolism which fuels weight loss. fact.

having a small insignificant breakfast isn't helping the process.
    400 cals for a bowl of cereal and milk is about right, granola, muesli etc are all high in fibre, which is calorific. but good calories, not all calories are bad for you.

Not fact.

Explain IF?

• isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    shows how clueless you all are then.
    Breakfast is the most important meal as when you sleep thats what the muscle rebuilding process/fat loss process are at their most optimal, everything happens when you sleep...
    When you wake up your body needs nutrition and substance, a decent breakfast starts the metabolism which fuels weight loss. fact.

having a small insignificant breakfast isn't helping the process.
    400 cals for a bowl of cereal and milk is about right, granola, muesli etc are all high in fibre, which is calorific. but good calories, not all calories are bad for you.

This is just nonsense I'm afraid (and the Science says that) and is just a myth meal timing has no implication in weightloss. Your metabolism works 24 hours a day muscle building fat loss etc goes on all the time. You're body doesn't sit there waiting for you to go to sleep.

If you like breakfast and it works for you eat it other than that don't. Many people find that eating breakfast can make them more hungry. Those who do IM fasting also find that that could work for them. Personally I eat breakfast but normally very small because I run early most days. I am then likely to eat more mid morning.
  • MsZombieApocalypse
    Options
    Brinner ♥♥