jillianmicheals 30 day shred

Options
HI everyone! I am brand new to myfitnesspal but all in all it seems like a cummunity full of support and motivation. I have done 5 days of the shred but given up. this was 5 months ago. i now am back in the game and starting monday may 4 i will attempt to complete the video as well as walk a 2 mile walk at a 3.5 speed on my treadmill. I will try to continue this for the next 30 days and see what happens. would love to make new friends and maybe even someone interested in joining me with this challenge. I would so greatly appreciate support as i an ready to support and motivate others in return. good luck to everyone. it really is a mental challenge before it becomes a physical one.

Replies

• astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Take rest days inbetween, it is not meant to do in 30 consecutive days...Especially if you are new to working out....
  • MISSSASHA95
    MISSSASHA95 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Okay will do! Thank you for the feedback
  • LeeAnn254
    LeeAnn254 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Did the shred and loved it! You can add me if you like. No need to wait until Monday get on that treadmill.
  • Chewitz
    Chewitz Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Good luck :D
  • MonsoonStorm
    MonsoonStorm Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Monday is a long time away, why wait? It only takes 20 mins.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you, I did the shred when I first started losing weight also. It's tough at first but as you get stronger it will get better.
  • MISSSASHA95
    Options
    thank you everything I appreciate the feedback!
  • healthykaylamarie
    healthykaylamarie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join in! I've been thinking of trying the 30 day shred again because I only did it for like 12 days last time and it was amazing the difference it made!
  • Chaidell
    Chaidell Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I was planning on starting today, so we'll be nearly on the same track! In addition to doing the shred, I was also planning on running for about half an hour each day.
    Feel free to add me so we can support each other!
  • joselle1996
    joselle1996 Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Count me in! I've tried the 30 day shred before but only lasted for 10 days but had great results, so I would love to see what would happen if i did the whole 30 days
  • weightBgonegone
    weightBgonegone Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the 30 Day Shred on Monday too! Keep me posted, I'd love to know your feedback on it.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 Day Shred over last Monday. I'd never gotten past the 1st video before, but this time I'm determined to finish. I had to take a rest day due to soreness, and today I did a different video due to time constraints...but I'm keeping on target. :smiley:
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Again, you have to take rest days.......otherwise don't plan on finishing or getting results....
  • MISSSASHA95
    Options
    @healthykaylamarie i would love to have a fitness buddy to keep eachother motivated. I've read that if you do something for 21 days it becomes a routine but the struggle is real and thats why we get so close with this 30 day challenge only to give up after 10 or 15 days. I joined this app because I was looking for motivation. It is a hard journey and I want to reach healthy so badly. ANd to have others understand this struggle and push through it along with me would be awsome.
  • MISSSASHA95
    Options
    @nocull I said I would begin monday but that never happened. but the most important thing is that it happened today on a Wednesday. I just got done doing 50 min on the treadmill. i am so proud of that. i did 3 miles and burned almost 400 calsdr2si7v1l930.jpg
    It has cleared my head and given me a burst of energy! I won't be surprised if I attempt to do the JM30 dat vid as well.
    It would be great if you join me. I would love to have a team of strong willed supportive people who all want to reach the same goal.
  • MISSSASHA95
    Options
    @joselle1996 i would love to see what the results are going to be as well. LETS make the 30 days worthwhile .
  • MISSSASHA95
    Options
    @weightBgonegone The first time I tried it I could not get past 10 min. I did it for 5 days and I did however complete the full video of level one. I gave up and went back to my bad eating habits. THis time I will approach this challenge in a different way. I will pinpoint the parts of the video that are too hard for me to do and I will find an alternative untill I get strong enough to follow through with jillian. she does give some alternatives but Not for the pushups for example, which are my real weakness. I cant do them to save my life. anyway I will def keep you updated as you will do me i hope. I have seen so many amazing progress pictures from people who have completed the video and the results are really good. so hopefully we can pull through this. ALso one important thing i failed to mention is that I will be doing level one for a whole month, then level two for the second month and 3 for the third. I think this strategy will be easier for me. it may be for you as well
  • MonicaH0322
    MonicaH0322 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I actually just started the 30 day shred again on the 4th as well! I've never made it past week 2. I finally got a home gym area set up (where I won't be tripping over dogs) and am putting up a white erase calendar board to help motivate me to stay on track :) Planks always seem to be the death of me, I find myself modifying them to much simpler versions all the time. Maybe one day I'll be able to do more advanced vones!
  • Cactusedd
    Cactusedd Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You won't regret starting the 30DS! If anything, you'll feel stronger :smiley: It helped me a lot with doing push-ups even though I thought I'd never be able to do them before!
    I'm starting L3D1 tomorrow :) Good luck!
  • TashuaC
    TashuaC Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hard to get motivated but I did it. L1D1. Does anyone take a day of during the week? Or do you do it 7 days a week?