5ft 1 allowed barely any calories.

Options
2»

Replies

• MonsoonStorm
    MonsoonStorm Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    It's a fact of life, those of us who are shorter get to eat less. It's just what it is.

You either adapt to smaller portions or learn to love exercise. My breakfasts are always in the 450ish range. Difference is, I eat a good amount of protein in mine which leaves me feeling fuller for longer. If I have cereal, then 2-3 hours later I am starving. Then, yes, 400 calories becomes an issue. With my breakfast I am good until lunch, then it isn't a problem.

when you have so little to play with you need to look at how that food makes you feel. Is it a short term (but delicious) "fix" that will leave you hungry in a couple of hours, or is it something filling that will carry you through.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    'only allowed 1200' -theres not many people that number actually applies to unless you're very sedentary...I'm currently cutting again (a few extra vanity pounds before the holidays) and am losing 1lb/week on 1800 cals gross. I'm 5ft 2"/ 45yrs/ active. I move more so I can eat more.... :smiley:
  • Chewitz
    Chewitz Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Mfp has came up with 1200 for me too... I have 9 stone to loose
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Robbo_79 wrote: »
    shows how clueless you all are then.
    Breakfast is the most important meal as when you sleep thats what the muscle rebuilding process/fat loss process are at their most optimal, everything happens when you sleep...
    When you wake up your body needs nutrition and substance, a decent breakfast starts the metabolism which fuels weight loss. fact.

having a small insignificant breakfast isn't helping the process.
    400 cals for a bowl of cereal and milk is about right, granola, muesli etc are all high in fibre, which is calorific. but good calories, not all calories are bad for you.

The only calories that are 'bad' for you are those that you eat in a surplus (unless of course you're trying to bulk, in which case NO calories are bad!)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    OP, add some exercise to your day so you can eat more
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I find 1200 manageable and I am quite a lot taller than you OP. The times I struggle are when I have too much cheese or sugar early in the day and then get hungrier in the afternoon. I was also shocked when I saw how many calories were in my old breakfast servings, but then I moved to smaller portion and I don't miss it.

Some days I eat chips, some days I eat chocolate, most days I eat bread. In close to a month, I have only been over calories twice, and only by a very small amount, otherwise I have been under. I have the occasional blow out meal and then will skip a meal before and after to compensate. This idea that you have to eat at certain times is bunk - why squash in extra calories? I have lost 5.5 pounds so far, which is steady and reliable and I am on track to reach by goal by August/Sept.

Give yourself a chance to get used to this new lifestyle - you will get less hungry as you go, when you get used to less. Good luck!
  • MsZombieApocalypse
    MsZombieApocalypse Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!