Replies

• kazzit
    kazzit Posts: 113
    Options
    i have put2lb on so gutted what am i doing wrong
  • eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! There's lots of things that can make the scale go up--you might just be retaining water. Are you eating a lot of sodium? Drinking enough water?
  • Fit2btied
    Options
    It's hard to say. Are you new to the program? You could be storing water as your body adjusts to yplan. You could have eaten too much salt and are retaining temporarily. You could have been in starvation mode, and your body is storing, although since you've lost 4#'s on the plan so far, that is less likely. It could be PMS. Without more info, we can't really say why you gained 2, but don't give up! You should never give up...no matter what! Good luck to you!:flowerforyou:
  • kazzit
    Options
    i am due mt period could that affect my weight
  • eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY your period can change your weight--I know some people gain up to 10 pounds during their periods. Wait a week and then try the scale again. You'll probably lose the 2 pounds and more.
  • kazzit
    Options
    thanks ,i a also struggling to use all my calories up but can go over on my fat intake ,i dont drink much water either
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Are you eating the right amount of calories for your body?
    Drinking enough water?
    On or near your cycle?
    Don't beat youself up, it'll get better, just takes time to adjust to a new healthy eating plan.
    Jackie xx
  • kazzit
    Options
    im due my cycle ,try to eat all my calories and not to keen on water
    but do drink some
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Your period can DEFINITELY cause the weight gain!
    You need to give yourself more time, and DRINK A LOT more water, watch your numbers, and the weight WILL start to come off!
    Just look at how MANY members have lost TONS of weight with MFP. It REALLY, REALLY WORKS! Stick with us, ok?!!! :smile:
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    Just a suggestion but if you are someone who retains water during that special time of the month , then maybe you should avoid the scale that week each month so that you dont emotionally sabotage yourself? I personally dont weigh in the week before my TOM as I can weigh as much as 5 pounds more.

Also , for me, exercise helps out with those PMS symtoms including water weight .....and has the added bonus of making us feel fabulous also!

Good Luck! :flowerforyou:
  • kazzit
    Options
    thankls for your advice i will remember it