James ducal diet aka grapefruit

Options

Replies

• NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »
    Lol grapefruit dose not burn fat :D so what's the point and all the fuss about grapefruit. ....well anyway that's good cuz I hate grapefruit

You hate grapefruit but want to go on the grapefruit diet. Makes sense.

Quoting for truth. o_O
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Lol grapefruit dose not burn fat :D so what's the point and all the fuss about grapefruit. ....well anyway that's good cuz I hate grapefruit

mfp doesn't have a like button so I made my own.

like%20button_full.png

• Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    A LOT of diet books; too many frankly. Most follow a fairly standard organization, with very very few exceptions, most will tell you that ‘calorie restricted diets don’t work for weight loss’ and that whatever magic they are selling is the key to quick, easy (and of course permanent) weight loss.

Whether it’s insulin, dietary fat, the protein:carbohydrate or insulin:glucagon ratio, partitioning or whatever other BS, they will make it sound like caloric intake is not the key aspect in whether or not someone gains weight.

In almost all cases, the idea that food intake must be restricted in any fashion is dismissed; if it is mentioned it is generally as a short aside late in the book that nobody pays any attention to.

This is purely a psychological ploy; it sucks to have to consciously restrict food intake and this causes mental stress. Simply knowing that you can’t eat what you want when you want it blows; I hate it as much as the next person. Many people will feel hungrier simply because they know that they can’t eat what they want when they want it.

Yet the fundamental fact is that the body will NOT have any need to tap into stored body fat unless the individual is burning more calories than they are taking in(CICO) Of course this means that either energy expenditure has to go up, caloric intake has to go down, or both have to occur.

So how can these books make this claim? It’s simple: they all hide basic caloric restriction in whatever they happen to be proposing. Basically, this is Lyle’s Rule #1 of Diet books:

All diet books tell you that you won’t have to restrict calories, and then trick you into doing it anyway.

ETA: Same with diet fads such as shakeology, James ducal diet, Atkins, Rapid pulse etc

You will find the most successful members on this site follow a very simple method: CICO (calories in vs calories out). Of course they also pay attention to their macro and micro nutrient needs but nutrition is a whole other story. A calorie deficit is key for weight loss alone.

Source:http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/all-diets-work-the-importance-of-calories.html
  • saramartinez966
    saramartinez966 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Maiden to pls keep your comments to yourself if your gonna be rude about it there was no need for that I came on here looking for help not to recive stupid nasty comments ....to everyone else thank you for your comments and help it's much appreciated xx <3
  • saramartinez966
    Options

• saramartinez966
    Options
    Maiden to pls keep your comments to yourself if your gonna be rude about it there was no need for that I came on here looking for help not to recive stupid nasty comments ....to everyone else thank you for your comments and help it's much appreciated xx
  • saramartinez966
    Options
    Thank you everyone on here that's given there advise I'm on here for help so thanks again they are really helpful ❤❤❤❤ oh and if u have any nasty comments like maiden pls keep them to yourself I don't need to hear from you I'm a new mother to a 9 month old baby who has gained 3 stones while pregnant and struggling to lose it so I'm only looking for help and support pls thanks
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    colbert-popcorn.gif
  • saramartinez966
    Options
    ❤❤Cryptonomnomicon thanks that's awesome advise❤❤❤
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I think my mom did this diet in 1978. I'm sure she lost weight. Probably had her drinking lots of Tab too
  • saramartinez966
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    colbert-popcorn.gif
  • saramartinez966
    Options
    Love it
  • saramartinez966
    Options
    Runmama411 that's very ture thank u ❤
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options

I hate brussel sprouts. I think I'll try that diet. LOL!

• Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    OP~ Congrats on your new baby. I totally know the feeling. Stick with MFP and eat at a deficit. You can do it and you will get tons of support here. Best of luck!
  • saramartinez966
    Options
    Ok thanks everyone I guess I'm not going ahead with the grapefruit hype I'll stick to eating less moving more
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Sorry, it's a public forum. If you get opinions you don't like, that's too bad.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks everyone I guess I'm not going ahead with the grapefruit hype I'll stick to eating less moving more

Good idea! Whenever you do see something promoted as "fat burning", particularly something as common as grapefruit, just ask yourself, "If this really worked, why isn't everyone doing it and losing weight?" If there really WAS a magic solution most people would already be on it.
  • pdank311
    pdank311 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    cico BUT this post reminded me I haven't had grapefruit in over a year. Added to my grocery list, so thanks!
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options

THIS! Good, OP.

Eat grapefruit if you enjoy it (which you've said you don't...so...there you go).

Really, just track the food you eat and the beverages you drink. Log accurately and find activity you enjoy. Above all, be patient with your weight loss. Weight loss isn't linear and you will see weeks where you lose more than others - it's not going to happen overnight but the best thing IMO to do is to find something that is sustainable in the long term.

Good luck, OP!