Looking for Creative Veggie Ideas...

Options
nisharae
nisharae Posts: 204
So,

I have been really eating alot of fruits and Veggies lately which is great, but Im starting to get a tad bored and would love some ideas on really healthy ways to eat them... creative recipies that I could make relatively quickly and easily and bring to work with me. :D

I got creative today and so I made like a tomato and snow pea salad...
1 Cut up Roma Tomato
about 10 Snow Peas
1/4 TB olive oil
1/4 TB balsamic viniagrette
Garlic Pepper
1 TB feta cheese

It is a great low cal snack at about 85 Calories... (And filling) So If ya'll have any good recipies or ways you like to eat your fruits and veggies, throw em out there!

Summer cooking here we come :D

Thanks Ya'll!!

~Nisha Rae

Replies

• lillmssy
    lillmssy Posts: 67
    Options
    I soak mine in low sodium chicken or beef broth for more flavor before I cook them. :)
  • jhullinger614
    Options
    my favorite snack is either peanut butter (organic kind with only peanuts) with apples or hummus with carrots. ;-)
  • jerseygirl08
    jerseygirl08 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    mixing sweet and savory can be super delicious (i.e. watermelon-basil salad with fried/prepared tofu and homemade balsamic vinaigrette)
  • TheCeleste
    TheCeleste Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Another good snack with snow peas--

Snow peas
    Cherry Tomatoes
    Baby Carrots
    Just enough sesame oil to lightly coat everything
    Sprinkle black sesame seeds over everything

So good!
  • adougherty10
    Options
    Veggie kabobs sound good right now - peppers (all colors), onions, pineapple, cherry tomatoes - throw some Lawry's seasoning on them if you like salty - cook them on the grill until they burn a little - yummy & sweet!
  • nisharae
    nisharae Posts: 204
    Options
    Thanks guys these all sound so good!!! Keep postin em! ;)