Meal prepping, recipes needed!

Options
hiiyaimrya
hiiyaimrya Posts: 3 Member
edited May 2015 in Food and Nutrition
I just started this app today and would like to start meal prepping but I'm no cook, so I need a variety of recipes and easy fixes! Help me out (:

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites makes enough lunches for a week.

Shredded chicken
    Black beans
    Rice
    Corn
    Taco seasoning
    Water

You can decided how much of each to put in to change the macros. You can make it like a taco soup or you could put it on a tortilla with other toppings.
  • hiiyaimrya
    hiiyaimrya Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Skirt steak, peppers, onions, taco or fajita seasoning (wrap in a fajita or just eat plain if you're low carbbing it). Depending on how much skirt steak and veggies you put into the pan, it'll be good for at least a few dinners or lunches. I also do hard boiled eggs as my snacks and mix up the greek yogurts every once in a while.
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I will add that you can switch it up with chicken for a lower fat/calorie option as well. Still tastes great! :smiley:
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Make a frittata for the week.
    Chili, soup, stew are so easy to cook and separate into portions to freeze.
    Cook burrito fillings and fill an entire pack of burritos to freeze.
    Make a few lbs of chicken for the week (can use for stir fry, flatbread pizza, wraps, salad toppings, etc)
  • jsowle
    jsowle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My thing is Mason Jar Salads for lunches made from dinners (roasted chicken, steak, fish etc.). Check www.organizeyourselfskinny.com. I also make a low carb soup for the week.
  • erinlbass
    erinlbass Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    One quick and easy meal I love is scrambled egg whites with sauteed onions and sweet peppers and a bit of salsa. I either eat it by itself or put it into a lettuce wrap, so I have a breakfast burrito without all the carbs/calories of a tortilla. I use three egg whites, three mini sweet peppers, a slice or two of onion, and one or two tablespoons of salsa. It's only between 100-110 calories and fills me up.