448lbs to 357lbs in 4 months & still going

Options
I was tipping the scale at 448lbs in Jan and decided if I didn't do something drastic now I would die. I'm wheelchair bound from a lifelong disability of Spina Bifida. I have been very sick all through my life and was bed bound due to sores most of 2013/14 where the lbs just piled on as the only thing to look forward to was my next meal or snack. I'm 4 months in to my new lifestyle and I feel great. I'm eating clean and healthy, I attend a personal training session consisting of power lifting free weights and intense boxing and pulling the dreaded sleigh with a 20ft war rope. I attend 2 Kettlebell classes as well per week and do other exercise by myself in the gym every time I get a chance. I was also type 2 diabeties and I have managed to get shot of that. I still have a massively long way to go yet as I want to get down to around 16 stone and ripped but I am getting there. Below is a pic of me 4 months ago and another one of me now

iimgsarmxl723wnn.jpg

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Wow, that's an amazing change so far. You did that in just a few months?

You have an amazing story so far. Make sure you're doing things the healthy way, and don't worry when the losses slow down. The pounds tend to fall off quickly at first (though not usually 5 pounds a week for 4 months) and then slow down. A loss of 2 pounds a week is an amazing one, and 1 pound a week is still really good.

Your pictures tell a giant story - you're making serious progress.
  • herlittlegreendress
    herlittlegreendress Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Amazing work!! Keep it up!!
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Wow - hard to imagine doing all that it only 4 months. You are well on your way to a new life.
  • thiedadavis
    thiedadavis Posts: 3 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    great job! i know how hard it is to move when wheelchair bond,i to have spinal bifida and now have been working on getting healthy...in two wks started on this my fitness plan and seeing dr often ive lost 15lbs hope i do as good as you...congrats again to you,keep it up...
  • StevieHeron77
    StevieHeron77 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    983if3p13ok0.jpg
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Go you good thing you deserve this, congrats on your journey so far!
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Great job and good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!