Couch to 10k users?

Options
Just noticed that there is a couch to 10k program. I have a couple of more weeks until I'm done with C25k and was wondering if I should start couch to 10k after? Has anyone done that before? Any couch to 10 k users? Thoughts on the program?

Replies

• Nini_Soto_
    Nini_Soto_ Posts: 27
    Options
    Sorry I can't answer your questions, but I am new and I keep seeing "C25K" etc. talk. Can you explain the details of these programs? Please and thanks.
  • kamechaf
    kamechaf Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Daniibee, go to c25k.com. Its a program to help you build your way to run.
  • danibee41989
    danibee41989 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    C25k is a walking/jogging program to help people become better runners. Here's the site: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/index.shtml. I started a few weeks ago and I love it! & have seen results. I use to hate running (I tried to like it, but just didn't). Now that I'm doing the program, I love running and become a better runner! You should try it if you're interested! =)
  • lailenm
    lailenm Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Just noticed that there is a couch to 10k program. I have a couple of more weeks until I'm done with C25k and was wondering if I should start couch to 10k after? Has anyone done that before? Any couch to 10 k users? Thoughts on the program?

If you're almost done with Couch to 5K, then the next part is called Bridge to 10K. That way, you don't have to start all over from the beginning - you just pick up where you left off with C25K.
  • richiedbond
    richiedbond Posts: 58
    Options
    I just finished C25K. Stop giving me ideas... Good luck if you do it, it seems like a good time.
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    As far as I know they have 2 different 10K programs. One is for new runners and the Bridge to 10K is specifically for those who have just completed the C25K. I purchased this program and am hoping to start it as soon as the weather here is consistently warm.
  • elliemayride
    elliemayride Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I plan to start the bridge to 10k next week. Just finished c25k.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    No - couch to 10k is the same as couch to 5k only it's shooting for a 10k in 13 weeks (instead of 5k in 9 weeks). It goes a lot slower, but the workout is twice as long.

You probably will need to move on to "Bridge to 10k" or One Hour Runner (depending on whether you want to go back to intervals or not).

Here's a link to a great website - this part is called "Beyond c25k":

http://c25k.cze.dk/viewforum.php?f=9

Also, for One Hour Runner: http://mindplunge.com/c25k/one-hour-runner.html
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Great post. I am doing bridge to 8k now. But was wondering what to do after.
  • danibee41989
    Options
    Great post. I am doing bridge to 8k now. But was wondering what to do after.
  • danibee41989
    Options
    where do you find this bridge to 10k or 8k? I might do the 8k
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    For the 8k i use Suz bridge to 8k running podcast or there is also Podrunner intervals that has 5k,8k and 10k. You can download from itune or go to their website.
  • austrya
    austrya Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I started the C210k program on May 3rd. I just finished W5D1 today.

I started doing C25K, but felt like my workout was getting over just as I was really getting into it. I decided to go with C210k instead because I like the idea of a longer workout. 60ish minutes vs. 30ish minutes.

I skipped week 1 and have been running 4-5 days a week. So far I'm loving it!