I'm new, would enjoy making new friends

Options
Sam283416
Sam283416 Posts: 6 Member
Hi, I new to this. I'd like to know how is this working for others?. Especially those who don't get out much?

Replies

• as5811
    as5811 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been doing MFP since January and lost 18 lbs so far. I basically followed the calorie level set by MFP and exercise - go to YouTube & found walking exercise videos plus have bought a few. I'm 61 and when I first started could barely get through a mile. Now, I can do 3 or more miles. You can do it, good luck.
  • pickle8pickle
    pickle8pickle Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I think that you'll find that even if you don't get out much, you absolutely have the resources to do this!
  • BreR7906
    BreR7906 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am a stay at home Mom and my outings include mostly errands. Now soccer as well as that starts up next week. I have only been here just over a week but I have made time to get at least one good walk in a day, I try for two, even if that means walking back and forth from one end of my kitchen to the other end of my living room for as long as I would walk outside. I have lost about 8lbs in just my first week. I can't wait until next weigh in day! :smiley: Feel free to add me for support if you want. Good luck!
  • AmberDalum
    AmberDalum Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I think My fitness pal works great it is a very good way to track the foods you are eating and the scanner is very handy I love this app and highly recommend it. It doesn't take much.
  • frankiemaltes
    frankiemaltes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm new to trying to figure how to use this app!!!!
  • jwallo73
    jwallo73 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm new as well, though I work 12-14hours a day, which I think is the same as not getting out much. I've had a great start by only watching my calorie intake and this week I've set smaller goals like being active for 30 mins and 10,000steps (which I complete at night after work on my treadmill, uhgggg). You can do this!!! Add me if you like :)
  • 2BaNewMe2
    2BaNewMe2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I am not new, but just returning. Had knee replacement in November, complications have slowed down recovery, so the gym is out for the time being. I have started working going down the stairs at work.

You can do it, take one day at a time.

Feel free to add me also.
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I've used MFP before and am using it again. It works. It's hard at first, but worth it. If you stay true to your calorie goals and fit in some time to exercise, you will see the pounds start to come off sooner than you expect.
  • MamiGoals
    MamiGoals Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I just started this but I've diet Before. I fell off that routine after my 6th baby. He is 2yr old now and I'm trying to get back in shape.

Good luck to everyone!
  • LMS120yesIcan
    LMS120yesIcan Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    This app really helps me stay in my goal calorie range. If I find myself in the red, I do more exercise to bring me back in the green. having a food scale helps, today I reduced my 3 oz burger to a 2 oz burger so I would not go over my calorie goal. In the past I never weighed my ground beef and had no idea how many calories I was consuming.
  • Sam283416
    Sam283416 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone, you can add me as well
    God Bless each of you, We can do this!!