I'm so gassy!!

Options
BigMamaLynsey
BigMamaLynsey Posts: 390 Member
edited May 2015 in Getting Started
since eating healthily and cutting junk 2 weeks ago, I've been so gassy, every day I constantly fart lol! I don't get what I'm eating that's making me fart? Is it just me lol, I've had painful trapped wind as well sometimes, welcome to look at food diary and see what might be causing it, I honestly don't know what it is. Anyone else going through the same? Thanks!

Welcome to add me as a friend!

Replies

• scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when you drastically change you eating habits, this happens. With a little time it will settle down.
  • BigMamaLynsey
    Options
    Ohh ok, didn't know that, thanks
  • erockem
    erockem Posts: 278 Member
    Options
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when you drastically change you eating habits, this happens. With a little time it will settle down.
    Amen to that, you are eating more fiber that is cleaning your body better but your body is not used to, yet. It took me a couple of weeks to finally settled
  • MonsoonStorm
    MonsoonStorm Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    try taking some probiotics for a bit. Your body is used to junk food, your gut needs to adjust. Help it out a little.
  • LeoL87
    LeoL87 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    A lot of protein will do that to you :)
  • LeoL87
    LeoL87 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Pineapple is helps. I eat it after drinking protein shakes.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    You must be eating significantly more vegetables high in fiber.
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    Here's a great post that may help
    To summarize:
    • Avoid Foods Known to Cause Gas (broccoli, Brussels sprouts, onions to name some)
    • Drink before meals (helps stomach digest better)
    • Eat Slowly, fast eaters swallow a lot of air.
    • Stop activities that cause you to swallow lots of air (smoking, chewing gum, drinking).

Lastly, be gassy: The body is an excellent machine, and it knows when you have excess gas as well as how to remove it. In some cultures a well shared burp is a compliment to the host on the quality of the meal.

For more read this 7 Ways to Reduce Excess Gas
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    It's likely your increase in veggies/fiber. It will settle down as you get used to eating more of these foods.
  • BigMamaLynsey
    Options
    Thanks for help! I certainly don't eat Brussels sprouts, YUK! Lol. The veggies I'm having is mainly green beans, I don't smoke or drink, probably eating quite quick when I'm hungry lol. Main,y have things like jacket potatoes, lettuce, rice, fish, ummmm mtuna salad sandwiches etc. might be the veggies then, as I never used to eat them as often as I would now
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Probably your body getting use to a new diet.
  • ronronronj
    ronronronj Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    It was the subject of music over 400 years ago!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN3wpR-l1pk