Strange/embarrassing question regarding belly fat...

Options
so, when I sit down now I get a couple of creases in my belly which were not there before.

Is this a sign of losing my belly? I'm pretty certain it's changing shape. I do quite a lot of push-ups, pull-ups and chin-ups too which I know help to strengthen the core and therefore abs. Obviously I can't see my abs BUT well, question as above!

Thanks all...

BFM

Replies

• crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    so, when I sit down now I get a couple of creases in my belly which were not there before.

Is this a sign of losing my belly? I'm pretty certain it's changing shape. I do quite a lot of push-ups, pull-ups and chin-ups too which I know help to strengthen the core and therefore abs. Obviously I can't see my abs BUT well, question as above!

Thanks all...

BFM

I'm getting that to!
    No idea why. I assume it's a muscle attachment getting taut but honestly, I just made that up.

Seems pretty harmless though!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I have no idea. We all get creases in our bellies when we sit. I've never really logged mine so I don't know which are new since losing weight and which are old. I don't know how big your belly was to start with but I know that mine was big and firm and now it is smaller (but still too big) and soft and squishy and just kind of there. Not firm anymore. So it definitely can change shape as you go along but I don't know for sure about your creases.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I only get the lines when I GAIN weight, but my normal size is pretty small. I imagine it had something to do with skin and shape
  • boredfatman
    boredfatman Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

Very interesting link thanks. I suppose it is such a personal thing that no one is going to experience the same either.