Stupid Chocolate!

Options
I cannot resist chocolate... When I see it, my mind just notches. Suddenly Im not myself anymore and all my brain knows is that " I must kill the chocolate".. Nothing is safe in the house when I am there

Anybody else got or had this problem? And what are your techniques to deal with it? How can I stop it and restrain?
When there is nothing at home, I can resist. But I tend to buy and then I cannot just take one piece, I only get my peace of mind again when all is gone :(

Any advice?

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Moderation by excercising will power.
  • DrPepper000
    DrPepper000 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I get Dove Dark Chocolate Promises and let one melt in my mouth. Very satisfying and only 50 calories.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    How about cute little bunny chocolates? Don't kill the sweet bunnies.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Easiest thing is don't buy it.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Resist at the cash register.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Don't buy chocolate if you cannot resist chocolate, not even one bar, not even one piece. I had to give it up for the entire time I was dieting. I have zero will power around it. I still have zero will power but since I am not trying to lose weight I just exercise it off now.
  • jgnatca
    edited May 2015
    Options
    http://www.food.com/recipe/sugar-free-applesauce-brownies-248622

Pre-package in 24 portions and freeze them.

[edited to add] I just put this in recipe builder and it's 52 calories a serving.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Ive had loads today, yummers.
  • G33K_G1RL
    G33K_G1RL Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I found that by buying high quality chocolate, I can just have a few little pieces and be satisfied. So a 100 g bar lasts a week - so about 100 calories of chocolate per day (some days 0, some days 250)

If you can't not eat the whole bar, then maybe cutting it out entirely would be easiest for you.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    i keep my chocolate in the pantry downstairs. it can't be anywhere near me. that's the only way i've been able to have it in the house without eating it all.
  • hotnumber
    hotnumber Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Think of you the meal you could have eaten (which is the same amount of calories as the chocolate bar)
  • weird_me2
    weird_me2 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    For me to get over trigger foods my first step was to stop saying I couldn't resist. Then, I learned to plan in large portions because nothing made me want to binge faster than thinking I could only have one bite when there were 20 more right there. I eventually got to the point with my trigger foods that I wouldn't even want my fully allocated portion.

I read one tip to plan to have your trigger food every day for like a month or something and even if you binge on it one night, have it the next night and the next, etc. That worked for me with peanut butter.
  • AnneCN
    AnneCN Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I usually make an options hot chocolate, usually does the trick.
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Switch to 100% dark chocolate (e.g., bakers chocolate). It's impossible to eat too much of it (well, unless you dip it in peanut butter like I do).
  • shellylay81
    shellylay81 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Get quest chocolate protein bars. High protein, low net carbs.
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Make chocolate covered strawberries, you can eat quite a few and it will still be a reasonable amount of calories.
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Fiber one makes a 90 calorie brownie that is pretty good. If I have the calories, I'll spread one of those with a little peanut butter.
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I like adding cocoa powder to my coffee and having sugar-free pudding or cookies in the house. It prevents me from pretending that I'm helpless against chocolate cravings. If you make it magical by giving it special powers over your mind and treat it as if it will take control of your actions--hiding it away, or whatever--you turn it into something scary and forbidden. As someone said: exercise will power. The chocolate just sits there and exists. You're the one who has to choose to pick it up and eat it.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I eat chocolate every day. Usually in the afternoon. I either leave it in the freezer and bring the amount I want to work with me. Or I buy it on lunch break and leave the remaining bar at work for the next day. Or I eat the whole bar.
  • Meorainthemaking
    Meorainthemaking Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I cannot resist chocolate... When I see it, my mind just notches. Suddenly Im not myself anymore and all my brain knows is that " I must kill the chocolate".. Nothing is safe in the house when I am there

Anybody else got or had this problem? And what are your techniques to deal with it? How can I stop it and restrain?
    When there is nothing at home, I can resist. But I tend to buy and then I cannot just take one piece, I only get my peace of mind again when all is gone :(

Any advice?

Absolutely have the same affliction. I work around it by eating fat free chocolate frozen yogurt (I love Stoneyfield organic after dark chocolate) It's non fat and at 4g protein per 1/2 cup it's much better than milk chocolate. If you have to have chocolate, buy dark chocolate only.