A mommy trying to get fit again!

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Angel, I'm a mother to two beautiful kids. I was really out of shape when I had my first,got very into shape 2 years after that. NOW after having my little girl I've been struggling to get back to my healthy lifestyle because I completely fell off when I was pregnant with her. If your a mom and needs encouragement( just like me) please don't hesitate to add me as a friend so we can encourage each other!!

Thanx!

Replies

• tillyconsilly
    tillyconsilly Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm a mommy of three & I totally understand! I'm trying to learn to put enough importance on my own health to watch what I put in my mouth & to get myself to the gym. We always put our kids first, right? Gotta take care of us too!! And we can do it! Plus, we will be setting a good example for our kids.

Sarah
  • yourstrulynancy
    yourstrulynancy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm a mother of one but lord did that one baby take a toll on my body im very petite so I understand the need to be fit again and you've already been there i friended you hope we can motivate each other
  • ajmoreno24
    ajmoreno24 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Tilly:
    I'm a mommy of three & I totally understand! I'm trying to learn to put enough importance on my own health to watch what I put in my mouth & to get myself to the gym. We always put our kids first, right? Gotta take care of us too!! And we can do it! Plus, we will be setting a good example for our kids.

Sarah

Oh my gosh! I know exactly what you mean when you say we put our kids first! Soo true! And your right, we all need "mommy time" . Do you have any advice for a mother of two that has a crazy schedule and barely has time for herself?
  • ajmoreno24
    Options
    I'm a mother of one but lord did that one baby take a toll on my body im very petite so I understand the need to be fit again and you've already been there i friended you hope we can motivate each other
    Oh hunny, I hear ya! I'm only 5'2 so I know when you say petite! Some times I wonder how those little people were in their comfortably. Yes of course we can motivate each other. We all can use that extra oomph when we feel like we can't do it no more. And congratulations on your little one!
  • MamiGoals
    MamiGoals Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Best of luck!
    I'm a mother of 6 and was fit prior to my last baby. It has been hard to get back on track.... so I know what you mean!
    Don't give up, keep on pushing! You can do it!!!
  • madinaaa2015
    madinaaa2015 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hiii! I am 8 months pregnant with my first baby so I can't fully use all the features of this app, I'm just trying to track the amount of calories I consume per day cause, to be honest, I could eat healthier. I always was a bit overweight, more like chubby, and now I weigh 168 lbs (my height is 5.2), can't wait to lose some pounds after the baby is here! I really believe we all can do it, stay determined and motivated girl!
  • meemo917
    meemo917 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm a mother of 2 (13,12) and I'm only 4'10" so it's really hard losing weight when you're my height! I weighed 115 max before children and got back down to that after both.
    I do however struggle with depression, anxiety, migraines...and to make it worse I was in a bad car accident 2 years ago leaving me with back, hip, and neck pain. I am now at 150, huge for me! I was 170 when I delivered my first baby...I'm looking to get back down with this app, good luck everybody!
  • RaceTo48Kg
    RaceTo48Kg Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Same here! I feel you! I got out of shape when I had my first. I lost control of my diet. I ate a lot whenever I feel tired looking after my active son. MFP helped me get into shape when I was still single so here I am again trying my best to get back in shape. Good luck to us mommies!
  • laylabaca
    laylabaca Posts: 41 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hello! I'm also 8 months pregnant with my second child and could use some support to make sure I maintain a healthy eating lifestyle. Right before I got pregnant, I lost 27lbs (height is 5'3) and was down to 165lbs (still overweight but headed on the right track) and now I gained it all back and added a few extra pounds on top of it. I could use some support to make sure I stay within my pregnancy calorie intake and I am looking for woman who are pregnant and going through the same experiences I am. I know we're supposed to gain weight but it is heartbreaking to see all of the hard work I did go down the drain when I look at once tone legs and now see flabby legs. I also cannot workout too much either because it causes me to have braxton hicks and I'm not trying to have this baby prematurely. If anyone is willing to add me as a friend, I'd greatly appreciate it!
  • ajmoreno24
    Options
    mamifatty wrote: »
    Best of luck!
    I'm a mother of 6 and was fit prior to my last baby. It has been hard to get back on track.... so I know what you mean!
    Don't give up, keep on pushing! You can do it!!!
    I thought having two was bad!! You have 6?!? My goodness you are one busy lady!!!
    And thank you!! You can do it too!! I've had so much support already on this thing so hopefully all us mommies can continue to keep pushing one another!
  • ajmoreno24
    Options
    laylabaca wrote: »
    Hello! I'm also 8 months pregnant with my second child and could use some support to make sure I maintain a healthy eating lifestyle. Right before I got pregnant, I lost 27lbs (height is 5'3) and was down to 165lbs (still overweight but headed on the right track) and now I gained it all back and added a few extra pounds on top of it. I could use some support to make sure I stay within my pregnancy calorie intake and I am looking for woman who are pregnant and going through the same experiences I am. I know we're supposed to gain weight but it is heartbreaking to see all of the hard work I did go down the drain when I look at once tone legs and now see flabby legs. I also cannot workout too much either because it causes me to have braxton hicks and I'm not trying to have this baby prematurely. If anyone is willing to add me as a friend, I'd greatly appreciate it!
    Girl I know EXACTLY what you are going through. Before baby number 2, I was an EMT. I was Squatting close to 150 and I can do bicep curls with 25 pounders. During pregnancy I wanted to maintain my healthy exercising but due to my first being a premie, I couldn't risk it. Plus if I even walked to much the contractions would start up. The best advice that I can give you that I wish I did was eat healthy and just do stretches and yoga. I would do yoga here and there but got lazy. I ate really bad and that alone is what is hard to get past now because it's like starting from scratch. Also. Eating healthy gives you so much more energy and if you do breastfeed, mommy needs all the energy she can get ;)
  • ajmoreno24
    Options
    Hiii! I am 8 months pregnant with my first baby so I can't fully use all the features of this app, I'm just trying to track the amount of calories I consume per day cause, to be honest, I could eat healthier. I always was a bit overweight, more like chubby, and now I weigh 168 lbs (my height is 5.2), can't wait to lose some pounds after the baby is here! I really believe we all can do it, stay determined and motivated girl!
    Congratulations mama! I think when we're pregnant we can all eat healthier but when we have mother in laws and friends and family members saying " ehhh it's okay, you're eating for two" and you know you want that last Cookie it's hard not to fall into temptation. But hang in there, you can do it.

• ajmoreno24
    Options
    So I have a question for all you mommies out there. I've been breastfeeding for 6 months and they say it's suppose to help you lose weight, but I feel like it's doing the contrary for me and allowing me to keep fat. Has anyone experienced this same thing or is my body just not normal?
  • ajmoreno24
    Options
    RaceTo48Kg wrote: »
    Same here! I feel you! I got out of shape when I had my first. I lost control of my diet. I ate a lot whenever I feel tired looking after my active son. MFP helped me get into shape when I was still single so here I am again trying my best to get back in shape. Good luck to us mommies!

Yes MFP is the best. It's awesome because I can now configure my Fitbit to it too!
  • ajmoreno24
    Options
    meemo917 wrote: »
    Hi everyone I'm a mother of 2 (13,12) and I'm only 4'10" so it's really hard losing weight when you're my height! I weighed 115 max before children and got back down to that after both.
    I do however struggle with depression, anxiety, migraines...and to make it worse I was in a bad car accident 2 years ago leaving me with back, hip, and neck pain. I am now at 150, huge for me! I was 170 when I delivered my first baby...I'm looking to get back down with this app, good luck everybody!
    I'm so sorry to hear that, if you need any push or someone to vent to, Us Mommies are all ears, we all gotta work together! We Moms gotta be strong because we're the raising the next generation.

• LaurenLynnCarter
    LaurenLynnCarter Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom of 2 year old twins and a 6yo daughter, recently diagnosed with PCOS. I'm 5"10 and currently 184lbs with a goal of just feeling better !
  • HokieMama4
    HokieMama4 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    ajmoreno24 wrote: »
    So I have a question for all you mommies out there. I've been breastfeeding for 6 months and they say it's suppose to help you lose weight, but I feel like it's doing the contrary for me and allowing me to keep fat. Has anyone experienced this same thing or is my body just not normal?

My fourth baby is 10 months old and I'm still breastfeeding him. I breastfed my others as well. It is incredibly hard for me to lose weight while nursing. Each time it's been the same. It's like a signal goes off in my body: "Hold all the calories! Keep all the fat stores! If there's an apocalypse at least we can keep the baby alive!"
    I was still wearing my maternity jeans until yesterday when they ripped a hole in an unfortunate location. Since that was my one and only pair, I had to go buy new jeans today. It was an unpleasant experience.
    But I have this advantage now: I've been here before, and I've been at the other end of this struggle too. I know that by making good choices, I will get back to where I want to be eventually. For me it takes a lot longer than I would like, but my baby will only be very little for a very little while, and he was worth it. So worth it.
  • Katillac_
    Katillac_ Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Although I never made it to my fitness goal I had lost about 60lbs in the year following my first child's birth then I fell hard off the wagon. I've gained it all back and then some. Now I have another little bundle and I just want to be healthy for my kiddos. It's so hard to find time but we can do it!
  • ajmoreno24
    Options
    HokieMama4 wrote: »
    ajmoreno24 wrote: »

My fourth baby is 10 months old and I'm still breastfeeding him. I breastfed my others as well. It is incredibly hard for me to lose weight while nursing. Each time it's been the same. It's like a signal goes off in my body: "Hold all the calories! Keep all the fat stores! If there's an apocalypse at least we can keep the baby alive!"
    I was still wearing my maternity jeans until yesterday when they ripped a hole in an unfortunate location. Since that was my one and only pair, I had to go buy new jeans today. It was an unpleasant experience.
    But I have this advantage now: I've been here before, and I've been at the other end of this struggle too. I know that by making good choices, I will get back to where I want to be eventually. For me it takes a lot longer than I would like, but my baby will only be very little for a very little while, and he was worth it. So worth it.

Thank you so much for your response! I was getting so sad because I didn't know what was wrong! Whatever it is, whether hormones or something else, I'm willing to sacrifice a lil time of not losing weight compared to not breastfeeding my little one. Not only am I helping her, but we share such a strong bond that I don't want to lose. And like you said they're only little for a a little bit. =\
  • ajmoreno24
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    Good luck! Best tip I can give is to use any nap time or bed time to your advantage. That is when I get my workouts in and sometimes early morning. Also, try to incorporate some workouts into play time with the kids.
    Using this app will help you make better choices.
    Thank you so much for the advice!