hey I just started my diet of eating healthy any advise is welcome.

Options
Hi well my name is jackie and im from California and im trying to lose weight I honestly dont feel right with myself any advise people..

Replies

• MahiraJPonce
    MahiraJPonce Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Jackie, I'm from CA as well. For me meal prepping has helped alot, this way I won't snack on things I shouldn't. It takes a little bit of practice and organization, but once you start you'll be glad you did.
  • DeterminedAraceli
    DeterminedAraceli Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Jackie, I am from California as well. I am starting all over again :(
    Feel free to add me so that we can encourage each other and stay on track.

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Wow, a hundred pounds to lose! I wish you all the best. I suggest you simply get used to logging for the first few weeks to understand your eating habits and what you might want to change.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • chrisellington
    chrisellington Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I like keeping things simple. I've simply stopped eating chemicals and "food-like products" in favor of real food - you know, the stuff your Great-Grandmother would recognize as food. I don't think a person should need a doctorate in biochemistry to understand what's on the plate!
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Wow, a hundred pounds to lose! I wish you all the best. I suggest you simply get used to logging for the first few weeks to understand your eating habits and what you might want to change.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

I agree. In addition to getting you used to the process (when you're not hangry and more likely to get frustrated, lol), just logging for a while will help you identify some of the big calorie bombs you didn't even know you were eating and can easily live without. Sometimes the things you don't even think about and wouldn't miss are the ones that put you way off track.

I couldn't believe when I found out what my pumpkin spice lattes were putting me back, calorie wise, so I switched to a different drink, just as good, that had 75% fewer calories. Saved a couple hundred calories that I don't even miss.
  • jackiebodart
    jackiebodart Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thaaaank u guys so much im so happy because I started eating better no more junk food I drink alot of water eat salads often now I've lost 5lbs and im so motivated. . Its hard but I know I can do it.... this week I started working out for like 30 minutes a day and walk for 45 minutes so im hoping for better reaults next week.. tell me about you guys what do u guys so tips that can help me and I nees alot of encouragement I live with people that eat junk food soda and stuff but im learning to stay away.. I also dont eat after 7pm
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    The working out will make you feel a lot better, but it doesn't burn a huge amount of calories. You will see the most consistent losses when you log all your food and stay at a calorie deficit. And remember to breathe. Punctuation is important.

My routine is pretty much set now. I eat a breakfast that always includes protein, about 400 calories, mid morning and mid afternoon snacks about 100-150 calories if I'm watching, that also include protein like yogurt, hard light cheese, nuts or hummus, a lunch that is typically leftovers from the night before, and an evening recipe based on what inspires me on Pinterest. Lots of veggies at lunch and dinner, and a fruit at lunch.

I've been experimenting with a roast of some kind on the weekend with the leftovers carved up and frozen to be used in soups, stews, chilis, and casseroles during the week. I've made roast beef, chicken, and pork. I try a new vegetarian dish based on tofu, mushrooms, beans, or eggplant once a week.

Hubby has his treat shelf and I try and stay away from that.
  • jackiebodart
    jackiebodart Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    The working out will make you feel a lot better, but it doesn't burn a huge amount of calories. You will see the most consistent losses when you log all your food and stay at a calorie deficit. And remember to breathe. Punctuation is important.

My routine is pretty much set now. I eat a breakfast that always includes protein, about 400 calories, mid morning and mid afternoon snacks about 100-150 calories if I'm watching, that also include protein like yogurt, hard light cheese, nuts or hummus, a lunch that is typically leftovers from the night before, and an evening recipe based on what inspires me on Pinterest. Lots of veggies at lunch and dinner, and a fruit at lunch.

I've been experimenting with a roast of some kind on the weekend with the leftovers carved up and frozen to be used in soups, stews, chilis, and casseroles during the week. I've made roast beef, chicken, and pork. I try a new vegetarian dish based on tofu, mushrooms, beans, or eggplant once a week.

Hubby has his treat shelf and I try and stay away from that.

Ive try to eat more healty and to be honest I dont crave fast food or junk food im so motivated to losing weight
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. First thing is don't call it a diet :) Also, think positively