Fell off the track for 18 months, getting ready to get back to where I was.

Options
Hey, my name is Jenna, and even though my weight doesn't suggest so, I used to be a gym rat and fitness fanatic. Almost 18 months ago, something horrible happened to me, and I fell into deep depression, which "helped" me to gain nearly 60 pounds. I've always gained weight easily, but never let it get there, and now - here I am. Recovered from the depression, but still very unhappy with the way I look and where my health is.

I am here to regain my previous (and exceed it eventually) fitness level and self-esteem, and I would appreciate if anyone wanted to add me to help each other out by motivating and cheering on, and sometimes giving some tough love. If this is anything you're looking for, feel free to add me or comment below, so I can add you.

Hope you all have had a great week, and good luck with your goals!

Jenna

Replies

• Roughgalaxy
    Roughgalaxy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hey Jenna, I can relate to your story. I used to battle depression quite a bit, and I still get down from time to time. My secret is surrounding myself with people who pull me back up just as I start to slip. Sending Friend request. :)
  • xesixb
    xesixb Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi Jenna! I'm glad you've recovered from depression and want to lead a healthier lifestyle. You've come to the right place.Good luck on your journey.
  • IIG700
    IIG700 Posts: 20 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I was on here a while back. Ate well, ran most days, did Insanity and lost over 30lbs in total.

It all went south and I'm starting again...
  • musclegood_fatbad
    musclegood_fatbad Posts: 9,809 Member
    Options
    Best of luck....you are back on the right track, keep it up.
  • JennaNeedsChange15
    JennaNeedsChange15 Posts: 5 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Thank you guys! I'm definitely ready to kick some butt to be great again! :)
  • MissBeautifulRose
    MissBeautifulRose Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jenna!
    You are in the right place.
    I was on here a year ago and then fell off the wagon after a vacation. Since January I decided to lose a pound a week-- and I have done so.
    About ten days I decided to really clean up my eating for weight loss and to lower my blood pressure. I have about 60 lbs to lose as well--
    I would be happy to encourage and would love the same!
    Rose
  • JennaNeedsChange15
    Options
    Welcome Jenna!
    You are in the right place.
    I was on here a year ago and then fell off the wagon after a vacation. Since January I decided to lose a pound a week-- and I have done so.
    About ten days I decided to really clean up my eating for weight loss and to lower my blood pressure. I have about 60 lbs to lose as well--
    I would be happy to encourage and would love the same!
    Rose

Sounds like we're in similar positions! Would love to help each other out! xx
  • PowerKickChic
    PowerKickChic Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hey, my name is Jenna, and even though my weight doesn't suggest so, I used to be a gym rat and fitness fanatic. Almost 18 months ago, something horrible happened to me, and I fell into deep depression, which "helped" me to gain nearly 60 pounds. I've always gained weight easily, but never let it get there, and now - here I am. Recovered from the depression, but still very unhappy with the way I look and where my health is.

I am here to regain my previous (and exceed it eventually) fitness level and self-esteem, and I would appreciate if anyone wanted to add me to help each other out by motivating and cheering on, and sometimes giving some tough love. If this is anything you're looking for, feel free to add me or comment below, so I can add you.

Hope you all have had a great week, and good luck with your goals!

Jenna

We Are kindred spirits. I have struggled with depression all of my life. For about 4-5 years now I have been a gym rat and at one time I was going 6 days a week, 2-3 hours a day. The last year I had so many hurtles and medical reasons that it derailed me. I gained 53lbs back (I lost 13lb of it the last few months) and I am finally back on track again!
    I am a tough love girl and pretty outspoken :)

Lets be friends
    Feel free to add me anyone :)
  • emmit643
    emmit643 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Adding✌
  • jddicarlo
    jddicarlo Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you have recovered from the depression. This is for sue the right place to be for motivation and support. Seems we all are on the weight loss roller coaster. I'm trying to get back going again myself. Happy to add for support and motivation!
  • JennaNeedsChange15
    Options
    Loving all the support, you guys! xx
  • SugarSweet
    SugarSweet Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think I know just how you feel; I have been feeling depressed for a year and tried to eat myself happier. No surprise it just ruined almost all the progress I had previously made in addition to losing me muscle mass so that I now put on weight eating the same calories where I would lose weight a couple of years ago. This makes it hard to stay motivated sometimes so I would dearly love some new friends on here for mutual support! :) I have about 40 lbs (18kg) to lose. Anyone who can relate please feel free to add me! Together we can do this!! :)