New to myfitnesspal and excited about this free website!

Options
Hi everyone,

I am new to myfitnesspal and I am so excited about this website. I just discontinued my membership with a very well known weight loss plan because I was having difficulty with keeping up with the point tracking. In the 3 months that I had my on-line membership I lost 8 lbs. then regained 2 lbs., so only down a total of 6 lbs. Myfitnesspal seems so easy to navigate and I love how it integrates the exercise, food diary, reports and most of all I love that it is free. It seems so much easier just logging in your food and myfitnesspal tracks the calories and everything else. I am 5 foot 4 inches and currently 228 lbs. and want to get to a goal of 140 (or maybe even a little less). My husband, kids and I are pretty active, bikeriding occasionally, roller skating, lots of walking. When I exercise, I don't mind doing it and kinda like it. Currently, I am working out on the elliptical and treadmill. I love shoes, thus my screen name, but I love clothes too and can't wait to buy things in a smaller size. I've got a long way to go, so I'll be checking in on the forums for inspiration.

Replies

• Amgoding
    Amgoding Posts: 16
    Options
    I am always on the marketing for a free tool but until now had not found one that tracked food, weight and allowed access to a support network. I have be using for a month or so and love MFP! Sometimes I fail to log and that is usually when I stray. I have lost less pounds to day than I have wanted but the inches are adding up and that is what makes me happy! Good luck.