Goal to get out of the 300's!!

Options
KristenMarie1181
KristenMarie1181 Posts: 216 Member
edited May 2015 in Motivation and Support
Hello everyone I have been in the 300's for 1 year. I was like 330 last year then lost to 290. And then I gained it all back. Now I want to get out of the 300's! And hoping to get into the 100's one of these days. And yes I know it won't happen over night. But don't you all wish it did?? Hehe

Age 33
Height 5 3
Weight 336

Lets do this for support!

Feel free to add me but please if you do leave a little message! I also add people that have pictures! I love looking at who I am talking to!

Replies

• My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm not really looking to lose weight anymore, but I am a hardcore exerciser and I always stick to my calorie count Monday through saturday. (Sundays are my cheat days, so I have a pint of ice cream and dinner at a restaurant.)

Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 139lbs
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    perseverance and you will get there! I am 52, Height 5 5, and weight 250. I would love to get down to a reasonable weight of 190's...so that is my goal :-) I will leave it up to you if you wish to add me. You can do this!
  • KristenMarie1181
    KristenMarie1181 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I did make this for 300 pounds. I seriously would like people around my weight range to do this together! TY!
  • likaakah
    likaakah Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I'm 33, height 5 2 & currently at 250 but I did start out at 304lbs.
  • Annr
    Options
    @likaakah congratulations on your journey so far girl! Thats awesome!
  • likaakah
    likaakah Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Annr
  • Annr
    Options
    you are quite welcome @likaakah ....remember "Losing weight is not the key to happiness....Happiness is the key to losing weight" :smiley:
  • Annr
    Options
    (have that quote on a board I painted with chalkboard paint, and hung in my kitchen!)
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I did make this for 300 pounds. I seriously would like people around my weight range to do this together! TY!

So sorry. I figured any support would be fine, but I guess I was wrong. Guess you should specify that you ONLY want people at your weight range so this doesn't happen again.
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options

Wowee that's a bit rude. I personally have loved the support that one get from people who have been there and done it before.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options

Your best advice will come from those that have been there and done that before you.

If all of your friends are in the same spot that you are in...who will lead the way out???

• Annr
    Options
    I personally have friends from all spectrum of the journey. It motivates me to see the hard core exercise, and the disipline, especially when I do my exercise and they comment on it. I need to learn from them and the journey they have taken, so I can take abit of their strength for my journey. To each their own, but that is just my opinion.
  • Annr
    Options
    I have a friend that logs in every day....and I mean every day since I have known him...about 6 yrs ago. He takes his days in stride, and I admire his dedication, not to this site persay, but to himself.
  • KristenMorton1983
    KristenMorton1983 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! I started at 418 pounds I log everyday for the last 436 days and I workout daily. It's been hard but I've lost 130.8 pounds so far and while it's been hard I'm loving this journey! I know you can do it you've got this!! :)
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options

If you are looking for advice, here's some: Always take and appreciate whatever support that is given to you. Just because someone has already reached their goal weight or are not in the "300 pound" range, that doesn't mean they don't have insight to what you're dealing with. We're all here because of our struggles with food and/or weight. There is no reason to exclude any of that wisdom and experience because of a number on a scale.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

If you are looking for advice, here's some: Always take and appreciate whatever support that is given to you. Just because someone has already reached their goal weight or are not in the "300 pound" range, that doesn't mean they don't have insight to what you're dealing with. We're all here because of our struggles with food and/or weight. There is no reason to exclude any of that wisdom and experience because of a number on a scale.

I agree.

I started at 300 and am now approaching 200. However, I gained weight in an entirely different way than you did and have lost it in ways that wouldn't be sustainable for you. We wouldn't be good support for each other in spite of being in the same "range."
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    There are groups for those who are/started in the 300's if you want to restrict yourself to just their support.

However, as someone who started at 366lbs, I can tell you that the support and motivation from MFP users at all stages of their journey has been invaluable to me. Without seeing their successes, and tapping in to their knowledge of what works and what doesn't, there is no way I would be seeing the progress I am.

Also have to say that if you were excluded from something for weighing too much, you would be seriously offended, and rightly so. Excluding people for not weighing enough is just as bad. IMHO.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    One of my biggest motivators on MFP is a friend who began at 600 lbs, and is now in the 300's. I constantly admire his strength, his consistency and the love of his newly found freedom. He is not in my weight range yet has helped me in ways he probably doesn't realize. For this to work you must open your mind, learn from people who have created good habits.
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I agree. I started at 329 and I've lost 155 lbs. I provide support to friends at all weights, and they have supported me. I have some very inspiring friends who have lost more than I have, and some that have lost far less. I find my experience is very helpful to friends with a lot of weight to lose though, because I've been there and I am no longer obese. But I do understand that you want people to share the journey with. The trouble is that in my experience many people with a lot to lose don't stick with it. I've had so many friends disappear in the few years I've been logging here.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I agree. I started at 329 and I've lost 155 lbs. I provide support to friends at all weights, and they have supported me. I have some very inspiring friends who have lost more than I have, and some that have lost far less. I find my experience is very helpful to friends with a lot of weight to lose though, because I've been there and I am no longer obese. But I do understand that you want people to share the journey with. The trouble is that in my experience many people with a lot to lose don't stick with it. I've had so many friends disappear in the few years I've been logging here.

Wow that is amazing!! Congratulations you are definitely a great motivator in my book!