In memory of Mom...

Options
I'm Mike and looking for support to get healthier. My Mom was sick most of my life and that really affected me. I have a problem with binge eating and drinking. She died 7 months ago. I'm 33 and the heaviest and unhealthiest I've ever been. I want to change, do better, and make my Mom and the important people in my life proud of me.

Thanks and here we go.

Mike

Replies

• lindamellott433
    lindamellott433 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Your Mom would be proud of you for starting the path to a healthier life. Good luck in your journey!
  • GrandAkela
    GrandAkela Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Mike! I lost my Mom this last year, and even though her health wasn't great she did live to almost 86!

Be kind to yourself, take this one day at a time and you'll have a great journey!

Take care!
  • CatHunterFit
    CatHunterFit Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you lost your Mom. My sympathies.

Best of luck to you on your new journey! Lots of support on here. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like a cheerleader :smile:
  • lynnandmichelle
    lynnandmichelle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the loss of your mom. Hang in there. You can do this.
  • michaelv81
    michaelv81 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome and I will friend you all here once I figure out how to do that. :-D
  • truelight_photo_craig
    truelight_photo_craig Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Starting the journey to honor your Mom is a great motivation. It's part of what got me started 4 years ago, and I've lost more than 100 pounds. I've sent a friend request. I'd be happy to help in any way I can.
  • Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry about your loss...

Friend me. My mom is also part of my motivation. I lost her to diabetes a handful of years ago.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I too am sorry for your loss!

Today is the seventh anniversary of my mom's death and I saw this thread as I was thinking about her. I miss her every day still and often think about how I wish she could see what's I've achieved health and family wise.

This is something you can do not just for your mom and loved ones but for yourself as well. Take it a day at a time, forgive setbacks, and keep moving forward. You have plenty of support here. :)
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Hi Mike! You can add me as a friend if you like. I'm relatively new. Chronically sick and decided being overweight and unhealthy was going to kill me. I'm very sorry for your loss. My father died almost 2 months ago, and stepfather 4 years ago and I'm only just decided I want to cope with grief in a different way. I am a compulsive eater (binger), and used to drink socially but do not drink anymore. The urge to drink/smoke/eat is always there as is nail biting etc...I'm trying to learn to focus that urge that has always been part of me on healthier things like walking.
  • NoodleKempson
    NoodleKempson Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey you can add me if you like!