I am a bottomless pit today!!

Options
Why can't I feel satisfied? What can I possibly eat right now that will make me feel full? Ugh!

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    drink some water and eat something with protein in it (cottage cheese, meat, beans, nuts)
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    carrots are filling, and a huge handful is 35calories... I munch on them all the time.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I was like that yesterday. The thing that finally did it for me was a peanut butter and banana sandwich. I wish had thought of that 400 calories earlier. :)
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I make myself a fruit smoothie... normally helps... I have found almond milk and it's lower in cals then regular milk and you can get it with very little sugar!!! It's awesome and filling!!! And if it's super thick then I feel like I am eating ice cream!!! Love it!!
  • hippichic3
    hippichic3 Posts: 6
    Options
    Did you know that 100 calories of spinach has more protein than 100 calories of steak? Can you image how much spinach you could eat to get to that 100 calories? Eat a HUGE salad filled with spinach, romaine, broccoli and 1/2 cup of chickpeas...way more protein than any meat and just smidgen of calories. Keeps me full all day.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I was like that yesterday. The thing that finally did it for me was a peanut butter and banana sandwich. I wish had thought of that 400 calories earlier. :)
    A Woman ater my own heart!

I LOVE peanutbutter and banana sandwiches!
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I feel EXACTLY the same way. I think it's my body telling me to lay off the exercise a bit. I've done quite a lot and it's not even the end of the week!!!
  • AmandaHammill
    AmandaHammill Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    a large bowl of oatmeal with some fruit in it :-)
  • frogmommy
    frogmommy Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    The peanut butter and banana sandwich is a great idea! Nothing quite as satisfying!
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Aw I hate days like that :frown: I was like this the other day and it wasn't because I was particulalry hungry, more that becuase of smaller protions and spreading my food out, sometimes my brain thinks I've not ate much so I go picking. A nice good distraction like a cuppa and a good book worked for me :wink:
  • senator_kang
    Options
    "When looking at the Satiety Index and which 38 foods kept us the most full for two hours after eating them, BOILED POTATOES came in at the top spot, beating wholegrain bread, brown rice and bananas. " I have seen this information elsewhere, too. In my experience, a small boiled potato with either a bit of butter, salt and pepper, garlic, and/or olive oil will fill you up for quite some time.

Here's the website I took the quote from, it also lists nine other foods that are filling: http://www.womenfitness.net/top10_stophungryfoods.htm
  • kell_riley
    kell_riley Posts: 312
    Options
    I feel EXACTLY the same way. I think it's my body telling me to lay off the exercise a bit. I've done quite a lot and it's not even the end of the week!!!

I was going to sau something similar! I have worked out loads this week and today i've been starving! I had my lunch at 11am lol
    I've been drinking tonnes of water to curb my hunger!
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Yep. It's your metabolism talkin'. I'm feeling the same way today. The day after intervals and lots of activity are larger-than-normal eating days. Feed it well and it'll work hard for you! The PB & B sounds amazing.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Mine is because *kitten* TOM is visiting. All I want is crap. I had a pack of lorna doone cookies for breakfast and wanted a snickers for afternoon snack. But, alas, I ate my apple instead and feel good about it. But I feel ya!!!
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Did you know that 100 calories of spinach has more protein than 100 calories of steak? Can you image how much spinach you could eat to get to that 100 calories? Eat a HUGE salad filled with spinach, romaine, broccoli and 1/2 cup of chickpeas...way more protein than any meat and just smidgen of calories. Keeps me full all day.

Soooo true. I had a HUGE salad last night w/ romaine, carrots, tomatoes, spinach (finely chopped), black beans, red bell pepper, fat free feta, and a homemade tomatillo sauce for the dressing (no oil). I think the whole thing was around 350 cals, packed full of nutrients, tasty, and like I said... it was huge and more than filled me up.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    After being stuck on plateau for the past 2 (almost 3) weeks, I felt like that ALL DAY yesterday. I managed to ignore it and ate only my usual calories. When I weighed myself this morning I had finally hopped off the plateau.... I've lost THREE POUNDS!!!!!! So hang in there! Could be your metabolism revving up! :happy:
  • vermontgirl
    vermontgirl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This has helped me more than you know. I have been exercising a lot this week and I ended up drinking a large glass of water and having some cheese and crackers (not the best, but.....). Now it's almost time for dinner.

Thank you all very much!!!
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid I did worse for my eating - a bunch of tootsie rolls. BUT, I also didn't have some of the things I'd planned to have, and when I got home, I ate sensibly - somewhat. Had loads of almonds and a small piece of meat. I feel better - less headach-y. I also took a nap and had a lot of water, and a cup of tea, which helped, I'm sure. I plan to be in bed early tonight.

We'll see how it goes on Saturday with the weigh-in. I haven't eaten all my exercise points according to WW, and I didn't even report all my exercise points for the week so far. so it could work out.