13,108 steps

Options
MamiGoals
MamiGoals Posts: 37 Member
edited May 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
There's no entry to daily step count.
Would it be fair to say 13,108 steps equal to 500 calories burned?
Any advice on this??

I do a lot of walking during the day... and I purposely walk to add to my daily count. So I want it to count towards my burned calories.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    i cant advise re: the calories, as there are other things to consider...

I just wanted to say, you should get yourself a fitbit, or download an app that automatically syncs your steps and calories burned to mfp.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    I would say not that many. I did 14278 and it gave me 400, and even that I take with a grain of salt.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    @blankiefinder The op asked about 113,108 steps. I'm not sure if it was a typo... But that would equal to a lot more than 500 calories burned..
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    @blankiefinder The op asked about 113,108 steps. I'm not sure if it was a typo... But that would equal to a lot more than 500 calories burned..

Oh, in the title it says 13,108, I think the 113 is a typo. I missed that though, good catch. (that would be what, 13 hours of non-stop walking??)
  • MamiGoals
    Options

Lol.
    ooops, that was a typ. 13,108 is the correct number. Sorry
  • MamiGoals
    Options

Oh, in the title it says 13,108, I think the 113 is a typo. I missed that though, good catch. (that would be what, 13 hours of non-stop walking??)

Hahaha omg....
  • Christine_72
    Options

Yeah that would be a lot of walking in one day !!

Haha I didn't notice the step number in the title doh!! :tongue:
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Mami, So far today I've walked 14,000 steps and fitbit has given me 599 calories. I don't know your height or weight, as it would impact your calories burned. For comparison, I'm 5'8 and 140lbs
  • MamiGoals
    Options
    Lmbo... sorry, I fixed the typo. That was too funny tho
  • MamiGoals
    Options
    Mami, So far today I've walked 14,000 steps and fitbit has given me 599 calories. I don't know your height or weight, as it would impact your calories burned. For comparison, I'm 5'8 and 140lbs

I'm 5-4 n sadly 145lbs
  • Christine_72
    Options
    It's hard for me to guess... I had enough trouble getting my head around fitbit and it's calculations.
    Aren't there options under exercise that let you input your time, distance and speed of walking? Maybe try that.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    MamiGoals wrote: »
    Lmbo... sorry, I fixed the typo. That was too funny tho

Haha I thought the 113,000 figure may have been your weekly steps!

• Eudoxy
    Eudoxy Posts: 391 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    That's probably close if you've selected sedentary in mfp's activity setting (depending on how quickly you were walking, hills, etc...). If you selected lightly active close to 10,000 steps are factored into the calories you were given already.
  • MamiGoals
    Options
    Eudoxy wrote: »
    That's probably close if you've selected sedentary in mfp's activity setting (depending on how quickly you were walking, hills, etc...). If you selected lightly active close to 10,000 steps are factored into the calories you were given already.

I lowered the count to 400 cals, just to keep it safe.
    I do a lot of stairs all day as I work in a second story building and I'm in heels too lol