full fat low carb real food

Options
Crisseyda
Crisseyda Posts: 532 Member
Give me some love if you live the low carb real food life!

I love how sustainable, satisfying, and healthy this diet is.

What's your favorite go to snack or recipe?

Mine is eggs, mushrooms, garlic, and kale in coconut oil. Mmmmmmm.

Replies

• jazzyjez
    jazzyjez Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    <3<3<3
  • sexysize12
    sexysize12 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I've had plenty of scrambled eggs with mushrooms last week, it's good but I must have a little full fat cheese with it. I need some new recipes though I'm tired of eating the same things over and over again :no_mouth:
  • Crisseyda
    Crisseyda Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    For lunch today, I had burgers with bacon, cheese, and all the fixins wrapped in green leaf lettuce.

I like blueberries with heavy cream for dessert.
  • MissBlunts420
    MissBlunts420 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I don't follow any sort of low carb diet, but I absolutely love substituting lettuce for bread whenever possible. It's so delicious!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I don't follow any sort of low carb diet, but I absolutely love substituting lettuce for bread whenever possible. It's so delicious!

I do this too because I have celiac disease and don't like gluten free bread. Lettuce roll ups are delicious. My favorite lettuce for it is Boston lettuce. I love the texture. Also? Anything I put in there usually involves sriracha. The cool lettuce provides a nice counterpart to that.

• TheSingingMom
    TheSingingMom Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I eat a real food, low carb diet also. I love my food choices and I especially love how I am never overly hungry.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    My mom is Adkins Low carb for life (long story short... she's been overweight her whole life, 10 years ago started Adkins... Lost 50 pounds... kept it off ever since) she makes this AMAZING soup with green chile, sour cream, tons of cheese, and chicken.... probably 1000 calories a bowl (but 0 carbs) and it's soooooooooo goood.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    My go to side with things is Craig's creamed spinach: http://www.ruled.me/cheesy-creamed-spinach/

If you're looking for ideas, there's an ongoing recipe thread in the LC group, too: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10044905/share-your-original-recipes#latest
  • PrimroseFlower
    PrimroseFlower Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Deviled eggs with avocado instead of mayo!