Anyone own a spinning bike?

Hi,
I love spinning but am not part of a traditional gym at the moment and don't have access to spinning bikes or classes. Does anyone on this site have a spinning bike? I am considering buying one, but they seem a bit expensive and I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations...
I have some spinning classes on my ipod. I downloaded them from audible.com and they are really great. Any thoughts? Thanks :smile:

Replies

• isadoraworkman
    isadoraworkman Posts: 205 Member
    Hi,
    I love spinning but am not part of a traditional gym at the moment and don't have access to spinning bikes or classes. Does anyone on this site have a spinning bike? I am considering buying one, but they seem a bit expensive and I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations...
    I have some spinning classes on my ipod. I downloaded them from audible.com and they are really great. Any thoughts? Thanks :smile:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Hi,

I've never tried to buy one, as I belong to a gym at work, but I know that every couple of years or so, our gym buys new bikes and sells (on auction) the older equipment. It is always in working order, just a few years out of date. I would bet that other fitness centers may do something similar. If you could hook up with someone from a fitness center that was restocking, you could likely find a great deal. Sorry to say, ours just did this last year, and our company is hurting right now, so I don't anticipate another sale anytime soon.

Thanks for the tip on audible.com. I love to spin, but can't always get to the classes.

janiebeth
  • I just got a spinning bike a few weeks ago. My gyn (Gold's in Newport News, VA) brought new bikes and sold the old ones for $250. The "old" ones are Schwinn Evolution models which were purchased in 2004 and still retail for $1250 on the Schwinn website. Pretty sweet deal! It's a great bike!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    I don't use the spinners when I do go to the gym, so I don't know how different they are from regular bikes, but I thought I would throw this out there for an alternative. I bought a bike from Target last summer for about 90 bucks, rode it all summer and then bought a bike trainer from Amazon (to make the bike stationary for indoors) for $80. So in total I spent about $160 but I got an entire summer and fall use out of my bike, can now use it indoors and will be using it outdoors again this spring, summer and fall. Worth every penny in my book.
  • isadoraworkman
    isadoraworkman Posts: 205 Member
    Thanks for the tips everyone...i will check out my local gym :smile:
    What a great deal on the Schwinn, arjames!!! I doubt I'll be able to get anything close to that type of deal here in Nova Scotia, but I'm going to try it now!
    Cheers!
    A.
  • "Body By Crayton"
    For over 20 years, Andre Crayton, has been one of the leading authorities in human performance and nutritional weight-loss. Starring nationally on ESPN’s “American Muscle”, Fox59 Overtime, (Gary Mendelow), The Indianapolis Recorder on Air “Hosted by Carolene Mayes and Connie Gaines”, WAV53 Indianapolis, Channel 13 WTHR “Hosted by Dave Calabro, reporter Chris Stoute and the Dave’s Team Club Member, Real Women “Hosted by WTPI’s Kelly Vaughn”, Sports Corner WAV53 Indianapolis “Hosted by Jennifer Coffman”, Sports Extra WALB10 Albany,Ga., TBN’s Public Report Channel 42 Greenwood, Indiana “ Hosted by Kathy Nikou and Barbara Presutti”, WTLC Radio Indianapolis Breakfast Club “Hosted by Guy Black and Linda Clemons”, The Indianapolis Recorder Newspaper (freelance writer), also featured in Muscle Magazine International, National Physique Committee Magazine, and Indianapolis Recorder Weekly.

Andre is a graduate of Albany State University with a BS in Kinesiology with distinction, major in Exercise Science, and minor in Psychology. Andre was awarded Indiana’s Personal Trainer of the Year 1993-1998. He is also a National Physique Bodybuilding and Fitness Judge.

As a former teacher of physical education, Andre taught at St.Francis DeSales catholic School in Cincinnati, Ohio and John Marshall High School in Indianapolis, Indiana where he was an Assistant Girl Track and Field Coach.
    Earlier in his career, Andre was Georgia Track and Field Champion, a Semi Professional Football Player, Academic All-American, and 1984 Olympic track and field Candidate 800m, 1 mile.

Andre became involved in bodybuilding in 1986 where he won many awards including: 1990 Musclemania, BW Division; 1990-1997 Mr. Indiana, BW & LW Division, Mr. Indianapolis BW & LW Division; Natural Indiana Champion; placed in top 10 at Nationals and Jr. and IFBB North America; Pro World Bodybuilding Championships and a host of numberous awards and titles.

Established in 1990, Body By Crayton Fitness has been providing one-on-one and group personalized weight-loss, general body toning, fitness training and nutritional requirements for both men and women, in addition to our young adult and senior community. Body By Crayton's Fitness personalized training, combined with our nutritional programs can make a difference in your weight-loss and basic fitness requirements.

Body By Crayton Fitness has built a solid reputation with our unparalleled client and support services. Our health and fitness assets are all the components needed to succeed in the fitness industry.

Body By Crayton Fitness has no magic potions, just great fitness, nutrition, and one-on-one personalized training, which will let us provide new and old clients with an enjoyable and effective one-on-one personalized training experience.

We appreciate the opportunity to show you how we can make a difference in your life by allowing us to guide you to a better body, one month at a time.
    andrecrayton@yahoo.com