Vitamins and the rest

Options
i started to bring down the calories 2 weeks ago with 87.7 kilos. I seem to have lost 2.5kilos on 1320 cal. P/day. All goo so far but I started to feel some pain in my bones and cracking. I had a look at my calcium and can see that I am no having enough so I got some from chemise with added vitamine D, living in England we don't get enough of it. I want to lose weight healthy. Any recomendations pls.

Replies

• DavidKempe19
    DavidKempe19 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    When you say pain in your bones, are you referring to your joints or did you actually mean you feel bone pain?

For joint pain, I'd recommend picking up a foam roller.

A good place to start with micronutrients is to look at your RDI for them. A multivitamin can be helpful to cover many of these nutrients.
  • ceciliacruz
    ceciliacruz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that David, i feel the pain in joints as well as rest of my leg but not muscle. I bought wellwoman multivitamins but calcium is not in it, bought the calcium with vitamin D separate. Will check the rest.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    If you're worried about not getting enough calcium I'd recommend taking calcium and vitamin D together (you mentioned you had separate vitamins, maybe try looking for one with both?) Some other really good options may be switching to something like unsweetened soy milk, which has just as much calcium and vitamin D (sometimes even a little more) as regular milk, but less calories (one cup of my silk unsweetened soy milk is 80 calories and has a nice ratio of fat, carbs, and protein). Some people prefer almond milk (I used to be one of them), but soy is much better for getting protein, and the fat may help absorb some other vitamins.
    On the other hand, I know joint and bone pain could be a side effect of vitamin D or vitamin A toxicity. I actually had to stop taking vitamin D supplements because of this, and cut down my intake of kale.
    If after looking at your food diary and trying different things you're still experiencing pain, I would suggest going to your doctor and seeing if they could take blood work to check your vitamin levels. Better safe than sorry!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Calcium from dark leafy greens is well absorbed by our bodies.
  • earth_echo
    earth_echo Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Calcium needs magnesium to be absorbed. So, make sure you're getting enough of that too. Also, w/bone pain magnesium deficiency might be the culprit.
  • helenrachel123
    helenrachel123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I would suggest going to the drs and getting a blood test done as I had a lot of muscle and joint pain and was advised that I was vitamin D deficient and given some prescrption strength tablets
  • ceciliacruz
    ceciliacruz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you all, two days ago I started with the calcium, vitamin D and multivitamins, had a good two meals of 450 cal and today I feel much better, even my face regained some colour.