Weight loss

Options
hey, so here's the deal. I am currently near 300 pounds. I have thrown out all sugary drinks and junk, and started clean eating, like granola bars instead of chocolate bars and rice cakes instead of chips. I am not drinking 8 glasses of water a day, but I am drinking water and teas. I have also started the 28 day fit tea detox. Here's the problem, I started off just walking, around my home town usually about 40 minutes up and down hill, recently I have been waking up early in the morning and doing an hour cardio(dancing) overall I feel great. It's been 10 days of constant cardio, but about 3 and a half weeks since I started and I have not lost a pound or an inch!!!! It's really frustrating because I am trying so hard and not even getting the slightest outcome to keep me motivated! Can anyone please explain why this might be happening!

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    You don't need a 'tea detox'.
    Weigh and log your food accurately.
    Eat at a deficit and you'll lose weight.
    It's not about 'clean eating', but about how much you eat of whatever kind of foods. (edit about food)

• jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    are u keeping track of your calories? u don't mention that at all...
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Buy a food scale and weigh and measure every thing you eat and drink into your diary.
    Do not worry about eating clean. Count every calorie.
    Eating fewer calories than you used to will help you drop the weight.
    Good job on the exercise B)
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    granola bars can have just as many calories as chocolate bars, and even rice cakes can add up if you eat a lot of them. It's not about the item as much as about the quantity of calories you're eating. If you aren't tracking your calories, you probably won't be successful in the long run.
  • thatsillyshana23
    thatsillyshana23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I agree with the previous comments about keeping track of calories. Granola bars and rice cakes might sound healthy, but after looking at the nutrition label you'll find that they are not the best choices you can make. Try eating fruit or veggies as snacks or a hard boiled egg. I don't thing someone has to drink that much water each day because there are other ways to get water in your system like eating fruits and drinking flavored water.

I hope this helps! Never give up hope; it will take some time!
  • musicandarts
    musicandarts Posts: 187 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    You need to create a deficit. Weigh and log everything. It is difficult to sustain a weight loss unless you are adding a bit to exercise to the day. Many healthy foods are high calorie, and may not help you lose weight. Granola bars, Clif bars, banana etc fall into this group. You can have all of these if you keep it within your daily limit.

Keeping your diary public will help you stick to goals.
  • BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    T R O L L If it has been said once, it's been said a million times.
    troll-o.gif
  • mwebster01
    mwebster01 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    what is your daily calorie goal?u should make it 1400.
    u should strength train to burn more calories.
    u need to drink more water.
  • BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Good job taking the first step to being healthier! :) I know it can be intimidating.

There are different components to being healthy.

Eating nutritious food - As you've noticed, you'll feel different and better eating more nutritious foods. (Oatmeal for breakfast instead of Choclate Frosted Sugar Bombs.)

Exercise - Cardio is good for your heart and strength training will build muscle.

Being a healthy weight - If you're overweight, you need to eat less calories than you burn in a day (through exercise or normal activities like . . . existing). Someone can gain weight eating nothing but healthy foods, and they can lose weight eating nothing but junk food. It's all about the calories. Figure out your calorie goal and log EVERYTHING you eat.

Don't give up--you've already made good choices by eating better and being more active. :)
  • loseitall1992
    loseitall1992 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh whoops I didn't mention, yes I am keeping track of my calories every day!!!