friends and how to help them

Options
2»

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Unless I specifically said "Here are my problems, please help me stay accountable" or "I am not losing, can someone explain why?" anyone who nosed in my diary and gave me a lecture would be instantly unfriended.

We are adults here.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    its a friend list - not a parent list. If they ask for advice -then be honest. If they ask you to hold them accountable then do. But I would not make unsolicited comments about someone's food intake.

This. It's none of your business. Besides, what seems naughty to you may be just fine for them.
  • LMS120yesIcan
    LMS120yesIcan Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Only if they say something like "I just don't understand why I'm not losing".

Yes wait until some one asks for advice. And even then, never scold, we are too old for that.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and reprimand them and watch your friends list dwindle.

1yoseyfsv7ho.jpg
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I have to bite my lips and tongue sometimes, but no, I would never tell someone that they were overeating. I've stopped looking at people's diaries just for that reason.
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    My diary is open to friends right now. If someone critiqued my diary because they think I was "naughty", they would be unfriended immediately.
    Unless someone asks, keep your thoughts on their food choices to yourself.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I support my friends unconditionally. Unless they say something stupidly full of woo. Then I usually delete them.

Food choices? That's their business. They're adults. I'm not their mommy.

Some people take treat days out of choice. It's none of your business. I'd delete you in a heartbeat over your post in this thread, OP.
  • BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Uh, yeah, don't scold them unless you want them to unfriend you.

It's really none of your business and maybe they have a reason for eating a lot that day. I know I have days when I shrug my shoulders and say "I'm going to eat whatever and just accept the weight gain". I'm in this for the longhaul so temporary gain doesn't bother me.
  • Larissa_NY
    Larissa_NY Posts: 495 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm just curious as to why you seem to believe your friends are toddlers and not grown men and women. Why do you think it's appropriate to use this kind of patronizing, infantilizing language with regard to adults who are just as capable of making their own decisions as you are?