I was 10lbs from my goal weight

Options
About 10 months ago I was 10lbs from my goal weight. I had already dropped 38 and was feeling more dedicated and motivated than ever. At least that's what I thought. My body had a different idea. Out of nowhere I developed a binge eating disorder. It started off only happening once or twice a week and increased to a daily battle. I am now on the road to recovery and building a healthy relationship with food. Some days are still a struggle, some are a failure, but I have my whole heart and sole in this. I WILL BEAT THIS. I am now about 17lbs away from my goal weight. But I am trying to focus on the more important things, like energy, confidence and strength rather than numbers on a scale. Anyone who has had similar struggles or is just looking for a support and motivation buddy is more than welcome to add me.

Replies

• Han959
    Han959 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey ☺ I've had binge eating and emotional eating issues for as long as i can remember. I was the kid who used to vomit at parties because i literally ate everything i can across. My weight is a constant battle. Trying to find self love and work on a good relationship with food. Added you
  • alex2050
    alex2050 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know your pain. I have been on a diet my whole life and still am prone to bingeing & undereating. I am now 60kg, was 72 2 years ago, but try not to beat myself up about it and wear clothes that flatter rather than holding off buying as I feel fat. All the little things help, but I also drink too much (beer mainly), and struggle with hunger pangs the day after drinking. Nightmare, but I'll get there, and so will you- it's reassuring to know you're not alone.
  • erinnichols91
    erinnichols91 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you both for your open replies. Sometime it just takes relating to somone else and knowing you aren't alone to give you motivation.