More than a lot to lose

Options
Hi all. I'm a UK member with almost 280lbs to lose. I currently weigh in at 450lbs having lost 12lb over the last few weeks.

I have committed to take part in an Olympic distance triathlon next summer, so I want to lose at least 170lbs before then.

I am working out in a gym currently doing 2.5k walking on a treadmill and 6.5k on a bike 4-5 times a week. I also try to get in an outdoor walk.

I'm hoping over the course of the next year I can get some valuable help and advice from the members here to help me reach my goal.

Look forward to hearing from you

Paul

Replies

• tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are off to a great start! Best of luck!! :) Don't let the number get you down. I've seen hundreds of amazing stories on here!
  • Vidarsbane
    Vidarsbane Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Well that's a hell of a lot of weight to lose but as Tesha says you're off to a great start already... 12lbs down is really a great start. I've only been here a week myself but have found it invaluable for motivation and keeping track of what I'm eating as it was more guess work before I started here and although I started dieting seriously on the 15/04 with the help of this site I dropped a whole 7lbs.

I would strongly suggest that you open your food and exorcise diary to friends, and even start adding some weight training into your existing routine so you're not losing lean muscle while you diet... espicially doing a triathlon next year you're going to need as much endurance as you can get.
  • HiekelEssterol
    HiekelEssterol Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I have opened up my diary as you suggested Vidarsbane, haven filled the food part of it in yet. The diary part is fed from Map My Walk which I use to record all my workouts, including the odd mopping session!
  • NoodleKempson
    NoodleKempson Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hoorah!!! Yeah it's good to share your plan as people can offer advice when/if you get stuck! You have already set a target and working hard already seeing results which is brilliant! I'm brutally honest and to the point some times as I do look at the diaries and I do make comments some people don't like it but your more than welcome to add me if you like! However tip of the day :smile: Make sure you drink loads of water and combine weights into your sessions as this will also reduce sagging skin!

Good luck!