Pizza craving... big time!!

Options
I need a few words of wisdom right this minute... I'm this close too ordering a greasy pepperoni pizza. It would taste soooooooooooo good right now! Please, show me the light! ;-)

Replies

• jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Make your own healthier version on a whole wheat pita! A little cheese, a little tomato sauce, fresh oregano and one of those turkey pepperoni products.
  • bmiller211
    bmiller211 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    i am a pizza junkie and I know that craving. If you can control yourself have a little but if not think of how bad you will feel tomorrow when you think of all the useless calories!!
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    You already saw the light by logging on and posting this. You know you will hate yourself afterwards for it.
  • valarie50
    valarie50 Posts: 3
    Options
    everything in moderation :) i am having pepperoni pizza tomorrow nite for supper:wink:
  • WifedUpMartin
    WifedUpMartin Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    What I do when I want pizza is make myself a healthier version. I use the Flatout Flatbread wraps and bake them in the oven until they are firm and then load them up with reduced fat pizza sauce, 2% milk mozzerella cheese, turkey pepperoni or ham and pineapple and maybe some veggies. Tastes great and they aren't bad for you!
  • mierla
    mierla Posts: 25
    Options
    Weight watchers do AMAZING pizzas for around 400cals for a whole pizza SO YUM
  • allisoncook87
    allisoncook87 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I make a grain free pizza that's like 400 calories for a quarter of it but it's so amazingly filling you won't need another piece
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Get a smaller package of bagel bites! They're not NEARLY as greasy & can help with the craving! Just don't eat the whole box, 4 of them have 210 calories. Eat them slowly. Smell them first. Look at them. Take a bite, chew it. Enjoy the flavor. Swallow it. Wait a moment. You'll find you don't want NEARLY as much as you think you do! Cravings work like that. If you inhale it, THAT's when you over eat & do damage! Denying yourself until you DO binge is also a harmful habit. You have to be able to allow yourself to eat those things that are "temptations" but moderate what you consume. It's a process, and there will be backsliding moments, but as long as you know it's not a failure, but a moment...they you can keep moving!
  • Kiwijay
    Kiwijay Posts: 216
    Options
    I crave Pizza ALL THE TIME!!! It's the only 'takeaway' I actually crave. I am excited because Dominos do those under 400cal ones now so will be getting one of them one day! Till then, I will just tell the craving to be quiet for a wee while! :laugh:
  • tawojcik
    tawojcik Posts: 67
    Options
    OMG, I am reading this and the banner ad is for Papa John's....really MFP....really??

What everyone else said is true and I would have given the same advice.

1) You'll wake up with pizza regret (proably when you go to log it)
    2) You can make a healthy option at home
    3) If you can eat just one or two slices and KNOW that is all you will eat, then pick up the phone and get that pizza guy on over (I had one slice for dinner myself!)
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    I'm a huge pizza junkie, so I buy those little individual mama rosa's cheese pizza's. Not exactly healthy for you, but only 310 cals for one (can't remember the other nutrtional information off the top of my head but it's not bad).
  • cindy859
    cindy859 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Get your pizza--you're journey is all about teaching yourself to be able to eat and not over do it, have a slice and a salad, then call it quits. I eat pizza when I want it and do it with out guilt but I do not over indulge.
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    BREATH!!!!

now ask yourself, "will this help me get closer to my goal or farther from it ".

it all comes down to how bad do you want it? (to reach yr goal that is)

those thoughts will always pop up in yr mind it happens to all of us, you just have to change your mind,really think of something else, reach out to yr friends here and do not dwell on it., now if you find you must have it: dont order a entire pizza buy 1 slice and drink plenty of water, then move on because the longer you dwell on it the worse the temptation gets.
  • nananie2
    nananie2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!
    It's true, I would've hated myself afterwards for this!

I made myself an healthier version, with salsa, tomatoes and a little cheese... yummy!

I'm a happy camper now... :smile:
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Here are a bunch of suggestions to work with your craving to stay on track: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/234320-i-need-pizza-recipes-stat
  • nananie2
    nananie2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    OMG, I am reading this and the banner ad is for Papa John's....really MFP....really??

What everyone else said is true and I would have given the same advice.

1) You'll wake up with pizza regret (proably when you go to log it)
    2) You can make a healthy option at home
    3) If you can eat just one or two slices and KNOW that is all you will eat, then pick up the phone and get that pizza guy on over (I had one slice for dinner myself!)

I share your bemusement!! Banner ads shouldn't be there to push us over the edge...
  • lisabernard
    lisabernard Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Rocco DiSpirito wrote a cookbook called "Now Eat This", he takes comfort foods and reworks then to be less calories. He has a couple pizza recipes in there that are awesome! I make it with a wheat crust and turkey pepperoni. It's Yummy!

- Lisa