work!

Options
my work is killing me! i work in an office... a large one with rows of cubicals. its harder to lose as it is being a call center rep because i dont get to move like all day unless i go to the bathroom... WELL it seems like every week there are treats at the end of the rows!!! i just got up to take a little walk and stretch my legs and BAM at the end before the hallway... chocolate chip cookie bars homemade and looking fabolous :noway: . i didnt eat them bc im on such a strict diet that i cant... i dont wanna lose all the progress i have made but GEEZ come on!!

i cant smell it again i might crack! :explode:

Replies

• raychybabe
    raychybabe Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I read an article in a womens magazine once "beware the office feeder!" - they suggested some women constantly take treats into work to try and fatten up others, whilst at the same time, not partaking in their own treats and politely declining. I take cakes into work occasionally, but only when I've tried a new recipe and need guinea pigs!

Ask if you can move the treats further away in the office or get people to keep them in tins/tubs - having to stop, open a tin and take something out takes much more time than just grabbing a cookie on the move or a handful of sweets/candy. Also, psychologically, we eat less snacks/sweets if you keep the wrappers of things you have eaten in view on your desk - services as a reminder of what you've already had!

Make sure u have fruit, fat free yoghurts, bag of raisins, nuts etc to hand in case you're tempted. Gum is also effective, as nothing tastes as good with a minty aftertaste!
  • stephierue
    stephierue Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You better pack some baby carrots & other low cal filling things. I use to be in meetings all the time with catered food & it was tough!! I'm good when it's not in my face, but like you smelling & seeing it makes it tough. Good luck & just be in the habit of never ever taking part in office goodies because it is a hard habit to break-I know!
  • TearsoftheMushroom
    Options
    Maybe if your desire to be slimmer and healthier was more important than the snacks. I have a "fat" picture of me at work and look at it often for motivation. I have one little mantra on my diet - I MUST think about it before I shove it in my mouth. So even if on the way past I swiped a lovely looking cake, I sit down and think about it before you eat it. It works for me, hopefully it might help you.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I hate this aspect of my office. Especially in our break room, someone is always leaving some kind of leftovers. Cakes, cookies, etc. I almost wish we had a policy against that. We seem to have a policy against every other kind of fun.
  • hotvessi
    hotvessi Posts: 2
    Options
    I say nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!