30 day shred.........does it really work.......

Options
rissaface
rissaface Posts: 129 Member
Hi everyone,

So I started the C25k program a few weeks ago :smooched: and this morning my shins wouldn't allow me to start week 3........go figure :sad: . I'm going to wait a few days and try stretching BEFORE and AFTER to see if that improves it. I've been considering Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I'm a little leary that it may be too hard and I'll be discouraged. Has anyone started a beginner in fitness and completed with good results (doesn't have to be within 30 days)? How big were the results?:bigsmile:

Thanks!

Replies

• ameeann
    ameeann Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi lovely, a few months back I was doing the 30 day shred and after a few work outs on the first level I could feel a difference in my stomach muscles straight away!

it's not too hard baring in mind I'm asthmatic and when I was doing it I weighed 171 lbs

it does push you though, I won't lie!

I've not been brave enough to try the other levels yet!! lol
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I just had a baby 3 months ago and i am now on day 28 of the shred, havent taken a day off and so far having amazing results. It is definitly hard but so worth it.
  • allisoncook87
    allisoncook87 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    It's amazing! You can do it!
  • Septembergirl23
    Septembergirl23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I lost 17" the first time I did it! I had bad knees so I was leery too. There are modified versions so it is really not that stressful. Go for it! I am going to try it again starting June 1.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    i am doing it now, 4 days so far, but not really 4 days, i dont alway do it e ery day. i vary things i do so i don't burn out on any one thing. its a good work out, it will tire you, but it is doable. and i am a ummmm very fluffy. the only thing diffcult for me is jumping jacks and its more a coordiantion thing, i tend to drift LOL
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    i am doing it now, 4 days so far, but not really 4 days, i dont alway do it e ery day. i vary things i do so i don't burn out on any one thing. its a good work out, it will tire you, but it is doable. and i am a ummmm very fluffy. the only thing diffcult for me is jumping jacks and its more a coordiantion thing, i tend to drift LOL
  • witheredorchid
    witheredorchid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I started it almost 2 weeks ago and so far I've lost 9lbs. I am a sissy when it comes to working out and I get to the last few minutes of cardio and I want to die but I push through and it's been so worth it.
  • oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I am probably the most out of shape person in the world. I can't walk up a flight of stairs without losing my breath and almost passing out. I'm on day four of the shred, and it's really not that bad. I take a few breaks throughout, but none longer than 5 seconds (just like Jillian says!). I can already feel a little more strength in my arms. I can do more push-ups now than I could before. I would try it. It's going to be worth it as long as you give it your all. :happy:
  • crjugrl
    crjugrl Posts: 172
    Options
    I started as a beginner and for a beginner it is hard, but there are modified versions of the moves that you can do. I was a little discouraged throughout the program because my intentions were to lose weight, but I ended up gaining 5 pounds and losing only about 2 inches total. I understand that it's muscle, but I wanted to see the numbers go down before they started to go up. I have heard other people have much better results, but they also had more weight to lose than me. I'll definitely be doing it again once I reach my goal weight to tone up because it really makes you feel so much stronger and increases your endurance after about 5 days. I would recommend it.
  • janana81
    janana81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I have done it on and off and I have had lots of good results! I've lost well over 12" and I'm down 11 lbs. Keep in mind...I haven't stuck with it all the way straight thru...but what I've done...I love! I decided to start doing 15 days on level 2 and 15 days on level 3. I'm heading to Vegas for my 30th in a month and I want to look good in my bathing suit! :)
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Jillian is annoying. I only put up with her for thirty days because I'm insane. X-)
  • jennnny
    jennnny Posts: 65
    Options
    I just finished day 3 of the 30 day shred and I will tell it is a good workout. It does push you but at the same time it's only 25 minutes long which I find extremely helpful because I get bored of doing a video by myself in my den and once I get too tired it's really easy for me to quit. I'm definitely sore and it is a tough 25 minute workout but it is by no means impossible. There are modifications and even 3 different levels. You don't have to move up to the next level each week....if it's too diificult you can just stay on level 1. Beginning any real workout plan that is actually going to give you results is hard....so far I'm finding that I really like this one. Good luck!
  • rissaface
    Options
    Thanks guys! That makes me feel better! I can totally do this..........I'll keep telling myself that. :happy: I'm excited to get'er done and see some major results.
  • heathermrls
    heathermrls Posts: 91
    Options
    hi i actually just finished day one of 30 day shread. i am still out of breath posting this. lol. it is hard but i did it. i am a beginner also. i just started working out a couple weeks ago. i am also doing c25k. i have problems with my shins too. hoping the more i workout it will get easier on me. but anyway, don't be scared. if you want results you should do it. good luck:)
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I just started it last week after about a year and a half of being sedentary. (I have chronic injuries and other issues (degenerative joint disease), so only thing I HAVE done for fitness during this time was swim periodically and more recently treadmill workouts (a lot of uphill walking and just started a slower version of c35k) Anyway, I started 30DS and was able to modify a lot of the exercises to accommodate the injuries. (Mostly just changed the impact level of some of the jumping exercises and everything else I basically kept the same.) I was WHIPPED after the 2nd day (first day wasn't bad, I finished but not in a stellar manner, but soreness second day caught up) This morning I completed day 8 and CAN feel a difference in how my body responds. I can do some of the heavier impact stuff (built up to it apparently) and although I feel like I have been put through the shredder after only 27 minutes (start to finish including warm-ups), I hop in the shower, drink a protein shake and am as right as rain within a half hour or so.
    I can visibly see a difference too!
    I have only lost a pound since I started, but I have not necessarily been a totally good girl with foods. But I feel stronger, and according to my mother, I am starting to have a waist again... LOL
    So, there's my experience so far.
  • rissaface
    Options
    hi i actually just finished day one of 30 day shread. i am still out of breath posting this. lol. it is hard but i did it. i am a beginner also. i just started working out a couple weeks ago. i am also doing c25k. i have problems with my shins too. hoping the more i workout it will get easier on me. but anyway, don't be scared. if you want results you should do it. good luck:)

I was thinking of working this into the inbetween days of c25k but don't want to kill myself in the process. Does it wear you out to much to try running? I've never been a runner.........EVER. For some reason I thought I would give it a try. LOL
  • rissaface
    Options
    Hi lovely, a few months back I was doing the 30 day shred and after a few work outs on the first level I could feel a difference in my stomach muscles straight away!

it's not too hard baring in mind I'm asthmatic and when I was doing it I weighed 171 lbs

it does push you though, I won't lie!

I've not been brave enough to try the other levels yet!! lol

I'm also asthmatic, but it's only exercise induced....(that makes it better :tongue: ) so this running thing is more of a challenge.
  • korgscrew
    korgscrew Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    It's bloody hard, and I'm a bloke! I hate the work out with a passion, but strangely can't wait to do it again tomorrow!!!

It's a great workout and I love the feeling after, as I've used every muscle group my body feels souch stronger! My legs feel like there is nothing to them!

It's the best 20 mins you could spend!
  • McDougal416
    McDougal416 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    i just completed day 10. I did level 1 for 7 days. (took sat and sunday off last week) It does push you..and my husband and I could hardly walk for the first 3 or 4 days!!! We were DEFINETLY sore! Make sure you stretch before AND after! Especially your calfs! But, like every one said...they do modified versions, so just pick and chose if you want to do hard or easy. :) I have decided to only do this 5 or 6 times a week...