workout and weight loss

Options
Hello everyone and Happy Holidays....

I joined this site back in January and everyone and this site has been GREAT....I have lost 52 pounds..and I stopped working out for about 5 weeks....and I just started back last week and gained 3 pounds in a few days....has anyone had this problem?? I am eating the same...around 1200 calories and drinking a lot of water....Do I need to increase/lower my calories....I am working out at home...tony Little gazelle...for an hour....about 425 calories an hour....????thank you to all...and happy holidays...see you next on the site....happy weight lose....I do not like to call this dieting ....its a lifestyle change.....love and light to all....thank you fro any help and advice that you can give.....

Desti:smile:

Replies

• destilynne
    Options
    Hello everyone and Happy Holidays....

I joined this site back in January and everyone and this site has been GREAT....I have lost 52 pounds..and I stopped working out for about 5 weeks....and I just started back last week and gained 3 pounds in a few days....has anyone had this problem?? I am eating the same...around 1200 calories and drinking a lot of water....Do I need to increase/lower my calories....I am working out at home...tony Little gazelle...for an hour....about 425 calories an hour....????thank you to all...and happy holidays...see you next on the site....happy weight lose....I do not like to call this dieting ....its a lifestyle change.....love and light to all....thank you fro any help and advice that you can give.....

Desti:smile:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I'm not a pro by any means, but the only thing I can think of is are you eating your exercise calories? If you are working out again after a short break and aren't eating those calories, your body could be going into starvation mode and hanging on to everything you bring in because you aren't eating enough.

Edited to Add: If those three pounds just came on over a few days, it might not be genuine weight gain anyway due to how much our bodies fluctuate weight wise...it could be water weight if you've had a lot of sodium, or it could be that you have not eliminated prior to weighing, time of day, if you've eaten prior to weighing, what you're wearing (if anything), etc.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    if you hadn't worked out in a while you may have lost some muscle mass... you're probably gaining muscle back. but muscle burns fat!! :happy:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    It's probably water retention. It would be hard to gain 3 lbs in a few days. I would suggest not weighing every day. You will drive yourself crazy with the differences in what the scale says. Pick one day a week. Another idea is to do measurements maybe once a month.