hello to all over 50

Options
Trying to get healthy .... I realize I cannot go back in time and if I could I wouldn't lol... open to chatting with new people and travel the journey or battle of weight loss.

Replies

• ankdworak
    ankdworak Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Happy to share the journey with you. Feel free to add me. ankdworak
  • nancypnurse
    nancypnurse Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Sabrina. I'm also (gulp) over 50 and living with few regrets-- haha! Been on a million diets, most of them pretty unrealistic. Linked my vivofit to this website one week ago, and I am loving it. Ready to work on a healthier lifestyle so that I can continue to keep up with people 20 years younger.... :)
  • truelight_photo_craig
    truelight_photo_craig Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'm 53, recently passed the 100 pound lost mark, and feeling better than I have ever felt! Spent my whole adult life morbidly obese (5'-7" and over 300 pounds). I now weigh 198 pounds, run/walk at least 12 miles a week, and lovin' life!
  • shilman123
    shilman123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Sabrina: Congratulations on taking the first step of finding support with others going down the same path!! I've been a yo yo dieter for years, and now that I'm 50ish, it is a different ball game on how to lose weight and keep it off. Feel free to add me. shilman123
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 (just turned in April) and having some weight loss success for the first time in ages! Feel free to add me.
  • sus49
    sus49 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm 60 this month! And I have to work REALLY HARD just not to be stiff all day long. I do 20 minutes of yoga, 40 minutes of elliptical, and a 20 minute core and stretch just to not spend the day being stiff and limpy! Welcome to the second half!!! And don't even get me started about how difficult weight loss is!!!!!!
  • low_carb_debbie
    low_carb_debbie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello All. I'm also over 50. Enjoying my weight loss journey. Feel much more confident of succeeding this time. Happy to support, motivate and share experiences. Feel free to add me too!
  • dln136
    dln136 Posts: 5 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hi Sabrina. I'm not quite 50 but I'd be happy to share the adventures ... both ups and downs ... with you. Feel free to friend me.
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Hi Sabrina - I'm 52 and have been on this site a little over a year. Feel free to friend me - in addition to losing weight I have been lifting and trying to do that whole "anti-gravity" thing.